At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the best interconnected shopping experience to our consumers. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
Executes and leads medium or multiple projects. Leads project scope design effort. Executes and leads medium/multi-dimensional or multiple projects; Leads the project for all aspects of merchandising. Possesses a strong merchandising knowledge base and is a proven business process expert efforts for a project (either development or implementation), including managing the expectations of the customer, the stakeholders, the project team and executive management. Proposing alternatives and solutions to requirements management for each project that most closely aligns with the specific timetables, objectives and business issues at hand. Ensures team completion of assigned tasks during the project life cycle. The Senior Business Analyst possesses a strong merchandising knowledge base and is a proven business process expert. Catalyst for change in the Merchandising organization. Identifies ares for improvement withing MMS and the Merchandising organiztion.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Represents the Merchandising function in business process evaluation, procedural development, systems requirements definition and systems functional design.
- Project/Initiative Management--Partners with senior and department management and cross-functional teams in determining and defining business need/requirements; project plans, risk assessments, communication, implementation, training and change management
- Manages the business and project team expectations including addressing project issues, changes; May directly supervise staff members in the development, implementation and support of applications and business processes to meet the client's business requirements.
- Driving the requirements gathering efforts for a project (either development or implementation), including managing the expectations of the project manager, the stakeholders, the project team and executive management.
- Proposing alternatives and solutions to requirements management for each project that most closely aligns with the specific timetables, objectives and business issues at hand.
- Consulting with cross-functional managers, project managers, management and customers to ensure that all projects undertaken adequately address requirement related issues. Understanding the business case behind all projects, including the motivating factors for all stakeholders. Working with the Business Manager to analyze all potential opportunities to enhance, improve and refine the requirements gathering processes.
- Establishes and reports on metrics of assigned projects to gauge business value (ROI).; Audits and evaluates implemented projects (systems/processes, for example) to support continuous improvement opportunities.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Manager or Senior Manager Merchandise Mgt Systems
No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Minimum of 3 years project management, consulting experience preferably in a retail environment. At least 2 years of experience managing retail/merchandinsing process improvement projects. Cross functional project management experience within The Home Depot.
5+ yrs business experience and/or management consulting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Proficient in business process evaluation and procedure development; Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all tools, processes, methodologies and standards for requirements gathering, documentation and analysis.
Previous experience supervising professionals
Experience or in-depth knowledge of retail merchandising and/or logistics; possesses cross functional retail knowledge.
Strong communication, analytical, organizational, leadership and teamwork skills; Demonstrated experience in process improvement and/or SDLC and project management methodology
PC proficiency, including knowledge of worksheet, word processing, project management and presentation applications