The Space Management Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and leading the efforts to drive adherence to departmental standards, business process improvements, tool development and system support utilized in the Space Management organization. This associate will drive innovation in business processes by identifying business needs, documenting requirements, participating in the design and testing of new solutions, and leading the change management effort for the end-user community. Additionally, this role is accountable for continually improving quality, governance, and the skillsets of the space management team by developing and delivering training programs for new and existing associates. A wide degree of subject matter expertise, creativity, and efficiency is expected.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES, AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40%-Serves as SME on specified Space Management tools and processes. Effectively works with cross-functional project teams to develop business process and technology improvements ensuring business requirements, solution design and implementation are accurately documented, developed and delivered to business teams specifications.
20%-Develops tools and automation using a wide variety of technology solutions. Ensures tools meet strict quality control and user acceptance criteria and delivers an exceptional end-user experience.
20%-Establishes and delivers upon project milestones throughout design, construction and user acceptance testing ensuring quality control and testing standards are adhered to
20%-Participates in associate change management, developing training for tools and processes that ensure quality work products and adherence to department standards. Develops / monitors a variety of exception reporting to ensure compliance in all aspects of process management and identifies any gaps in quality of execution.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Manager, Space Management Group
This position has no direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Working knowledge of retail space management practices.
- Proven abilities in teaching, mentoring, and elevating overall team knowledge and quality output.
- Certification in Computer-Aided Design technologies
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong project management skills and ability to work in a cross-functional team environment. Ability to establish priorities and procedures for accomplishing work within established deadlines. Ability to handle multiple projects and manage toward deadlines and deliverables
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to grasp technical concepts quickly
- Proven leadership skills, including a willingness and ability to be a mentor
- Proficient with programming languages including, but not limited to SQL, SAS, VBA, .NET, C++, and LISP
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint)
- Computer-aided design/drafting skills (AutoCAD) with advanced experience developing automation through LISP or other programming language
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!