Develops and manages relationships with business banking clients in the assigned business segment and/or geographic areas. Actively engages in the sales process of the assigned Region to ensure the attainment of Regional and individual goals and objectives, while ensuring CNB credit quality and risk management guidelines are maintained. Presents a variety of product solutions to client needs. Provides responsive quality service. Approves transactions within delegated authority. Manages overall relationship profitability and portfolio risk and is responsible for profitable growth of the portfolio assigned. This may be accomplished through active calling efforts and referrals from existing customers and line colleagues from Core Banking and other divisions, and by providing the CNB exemplary level of service, identifying and promoting solutions to customer needs, and maintaining an active calling program. Utilizes a high degree of creativity and independence in developing and managing a large portfolio of diverse and complex business banking relationships. Responsible for portfolio growth including loans, deposits, and fee income. Acts as a consultant to clients and a resource to the Bank in developing and retaining business. May possess excellent corporate finance knowledge depending on the diversity of the portfolio. Excellent negotiation and closing skills.
Preferred to be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry" (NMLS); or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act.Basic Qualifications:
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- *A minimum of 10 years of banking experience required.
- *A minimum of 8 years of commercial lending experience within the segment required.
- *A minimum of 5 years of credit experience required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing capabilities.
- Excellent understanding of all products and services applicable to target client segment.
- Excellent knowledge of commercial credit policies and procedures, and bank operations policies and procedures.
- Excellent credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Has the ability to work autonomously in making sound business decisions and exercises appropriate level of authority commensurate with experience and responsibility.
- Ability to build positive relationships both within the Core Banking Division and throughout the bank and capable of establishing professional expertise through integrity, dedication, and strategic counsel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.Note
: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
With $46.9 billion in assets, City National Bank provides banking, investment and trust services through 72 offices, including 17 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York City, Nashville, Atlanta and Minneapolis.