Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Join our Constellation team and become part of Exelon's competitive retail and wholesale energy business.
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Business Development Manager (BDM) - Regional Gas position assists on delivering Constellation's go to market strategy. The position primarily focuses on acquiring new business for our natural gas division utilizing Constellation's various products and services. The primary performance objectives are to meet or exceed their assigned new business origination and renewal quota. The BDM conducts such duties as prospecting, meeting with customers, generating proposals, following up on marketing campaigns. The position will work closely with Account Managers and interact with other internal functional groups such as Operations, Supply, Sales Support, Legal/Contracts, Billing/Collections, and Commodities Management Group.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Acquire new business for Constellation's natural gas division utilizing Constellation's products and services to meet or exceed assigned quota and renewal quota.
- Working with Account Managers support Customer renewals efforts to meet or exceed renewal goals for originated customers.
- Manage and build strong professional and customer an internal relationships. Carry out sales related tasks such as prospecting, generating proposals and supporting market campaigns.
- B. S. degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Engineering/Technical or other related area from an accredited four year university
- 5 years of experience in consultative sales in industries such as financial services, insurance services, real estate and energy services
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills and closing skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills and strategic thinking skills
- Strong skills in computer applications such a Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to apply analytical tools and systems
- Ability to manage priorities and deadlines
- Successful candidate must be willing to travel as needed to meet with customers and internal representatives
Preferred Position Specifications
- 7 years of experience in retail energy, wholesale origination and trading
- Working knowledge of the gas industry, LDCs (and related tariffs) and pipelines
- Demonstrated success working cooperatively with others people within the same department, among cross functional project teams and with external customers
- Masters Degree in Business, Management or related field Experience in retail energy markets