Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States Description
The Commercial Finance Analyst provides commercial reporting and analysis to the Glass Reinforcement Americas business. He/She will be a dynamic leader who will partner with the commercial, margin enhancement and finance leaders to provide meaningful insight, forecast analysis, reporting, as well as working on various projects to support the organization's strategic short and long term objectives. The successful candidate must possess excellent analytical and communications skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position supports the commercial organization and reports directly to CSB Americas Finance Director.
This unique opportunity allows to gain experience in all areas of business including the following:
- Developing a deep understanding of market, product and customer portfolio
- Internal and external customer support and profitability analysis
- Business case development & analysis
- Forecasting and reporting
- Partnership and Impact
- Fosters influential working relationships with commercial leaders, margin enhancement leader, and other key business partners by providing insight and guidance that consistently improves thinking and decision-making.
- Develops a deep understanding of the external market and helps to identify opportunities for success.
- Collaborates with the other businesses within CSB to better understand the downstream impact on the GR Americas business.
- Partners with the Finance Director to ensure business performance meets or exceeds the goals and objectives set in the annual operations plan.
- Planning and Forecasting Excellence
- Collaborates with commercial, supply chain and finance in developing actionable, accountable, and transparent operations plans and forecasts.
- Provides accurate and timely input to calculate PVM, evaluate risk and identify opportunities.
- Applies external perspective and maintains knowledge of the segment's competitive environment, market conditions, customers, and profit drivers.
- Provides effective and timely financial information, thoughtful business insights/analytics and business performance evaluations to ensure that business leaders are effective in executing the business segment's strategy.
- Management Reporting
- Provides concise and effective communication of financial results in a timely manner to various stakeholders.
- Partners with the Americas commercial leaders, margin enhancement and pricing team to provide analysis and recommendations on customer and product line profitability.
- Leads the month end closing process by collaborating with CSB and Corporate back office teams.
- Monitors reserve adequacy and ensures appropriate accruals are in place.
- Leads the continuous improvement of systems, tools and methodologies across the finance function and throughout the business.
- Designs, maintains, delivers, and owns a financial forecast analysis model that provides accurate forecast to the business.
- Ensures integration and implementation of Owens Corning consolidation system ("BPC") and the Business Information system ("BI").
- Effective controls environment
Job RequirementsMinimum Requirements:
- Supports process of ensuring that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls in place.
- Maintains a clear tone regarding business conduct, ethics, the law and financial controls.
- Solves controls issues at the "root cause" and create broad organizational learning.
- Maintains independence in the view and assessment of the business control environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related.
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in finance and/or accounting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to evolve is a global organizations with multiple channels and markets.
- Functioning in a highly matrixed structure across functional, business and cultural boundaries.
- Working knowledge of SAP 6.0, BI, BPC and Excel.
About Owens Corning
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and written/verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- History of leading change to enable rapid continuous improvement in a global organization.
- Be able to collaborate within the team to share knowledge and best practices.
- Be flexible, proactive and have a positive attitude.
- Think strategically and set/execute strategic direction.
- Can successfully form and then share candid and sometimes unpopular messages.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.