Focused on new infrastructure to scale Oracle Data Cloud (ODC). Metadata attribution. Granular margin database.
As a member of Business Strategy and Finance team in the Oracle Data Cloud business unit, one of the fastest growing and most strategic businesses at Oracle, you will be responsible for processes and analyses for a highly complex and granular financial data set. Your main responsibilities will be to work with a team of Finance & Operations experts to process, maintain and improve our financial metadata, architect and own a business-wide infrastructure to track and understand data margins across the Data Cloud business, integrate disparate data sets from legacy financial systems of previously acquired companies, improve existing business processes, and support financial operations. In this position, you will play a key role in driving the underlying components of our Data Cloud-wide Business Intelligence efforts, operational automation, and business strategy.
Combining financial planning and data structure design with finance operations, you will work closely with many functions within the Oracle Data Cloud, including sales teams, operational execution teams, and technical teams, and will play a key role in helping Oracle Data Cloud operate more efficiently and effectively. This function is equal parts financial analysis, financial operations and business automation. How you'll be successful at ODC.
Day-to-day you will:
What you bring to the table.
- Manage and streamline financial metadata capture.
- Perform complex, multi-variable, multi-source financial analytics specifically related to improving margin.
- Support the financial month-end close process where needed.
- Assist weekly and monthly margin review process to present to senior management, operations managers, business owners, and sales managers.
- Work with the team to help take complex data and develop valuable reports that drive business insights for go-to-market teams and ODC management.
- Provide ad-hoc finance support to Data Provider teams, Operations, Sales, and Solutions teams.
- Work with Sales and Business Development teams to improve financial reporting metadata received from clients.
- Maintain customer account ownership for our channel client relationships.
Here's a summary of the skills you'll need for this position:
- Strong MS Excel skills a must
- Proven track record of being able to compile complex analyses relating to financial metrics
- Capacity to multi-task and prioritize effectively, working extremely well under pressure
- Knowledge of basic SQL and DB design
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, establish strong working relationships, utilize resources within cross-functional matrixed teams, and be flexible within a fast-paced and changing environment job
- Track record of developing, owning, and continuously improving complex business processes
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain big picture perspective
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics/Information Systems or related
- Ideal candidate has 4-5 years of experience in a role that includes finance, engineering, business system development or business analysis
- Location is in Westminster, CO
Assists with analyzing complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
As part of a software project implementation team, provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user needs. Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business specifications. Designs details of automated systems. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
Job duties are varied and complex; independent judgment needed. May have project lead role. Prefer 5 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.