McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The primary role is to provide reporting and analytics by documenting and analyzing business requirements, developing solutions and supporting the feasibility studies for projects of various scope and complexity in support of our MFC Technology Strategy.Position Description
- Support delivery of the reporting, dashboard, ad hoc and analytics requests
- Understand, clarify, analyze and document requirements for reporting and analytics initiatives
- Demonstrate good judgment and analytical skills to conduct option analysis and present recommendations
- Communicate accurate and timely project status, issues, risks and scope changes to the Senior Manager
- Raise process/solution improvement ideas to Senior Manager and customers and share new learning with the rest of the development team
- Define, document, communicate and enforce technology development standards
- Develop technical specification documentation and maintain MFC report inventory
- Capture, document and communicate best practices with other MFC technical resources
- Resolving production issues raised by customers in a timely manner
- Acquire business process/functional and data knowledge of new customer business domain and own project delivery as part of the Reporting and Analytics Center of Excellence expansion
- Understand data warehouse ETL concepts and develop/manage ETL processes when needed
- Provide report/dashboard end user trainings and grant system access to end business users
4+ years’ experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced expertise in data analysis and building dashboards in Tableau
- Expertise in MS SQL Server including ability to write SQL Query, Stored Procedure, SSIS, SSRS and set job schedule
- Exposure in SAP BW BEX query
- Ability to communicate well to end customers, document requirement and solutions, and partner to solve business problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects at same time and shift priority as needed
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong team player with commitment to excellence
- Thorough understanding of visualization principles and how to tell a story with data
- Exposure to SAP reporting preferred
- Prior knowledge or exposure to sales performance measures and how they drive growth
- Awareness and knowledge of the retail pharmacy business
- Understanding of database architecture principles
- Understanding of ETL concepts and has the ability to learn ETL process from different data sources when needed
- Ability to build dashboard using other visualization tools such as Tableau
- Exposure to Big Data tools such as Netezza, SAP HANA, Hadoop preferred
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experiencePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.