Job Location: Bloomfield CT Alternate Job Location : Charlotte NC & Bridgewater NJ
Summary of Responsibilities:
This role will directly support the GVWB Association/Affinity Team with a focus on owning key tactical projects relative to RFPs/Filing/Regulatory/CPI requests and initiatives. The person in this position will establish critical partnerships across MetLife business and key service entities and will quickly be able to learn, support and add value in distinct efforts needed for MetLife Association/Affinity to meet its objectives.
MetLife Association/Affinity RFP/RFI/RFQs Owner:
- Partner with Sales for an accurate completion of all key deliverables during the RFQ/RFP/RFI process.
- Compile and submit RFQ requests through the CSC database.
- Research, compile and draft responses to RFP and RFI requests.
- Maintain a central repository of all Q&As, reference material, contacts, etc. that will be used during the RFP/RFI process. The maintenance of the repository includes continuous one-off updates, as well a formal annual review/update of the entire database
- Acts as a liaison to the Sales Team during pre-sales activities
- Act as a liaison to the Onboarding and Sales Team during post-sales activities to ensure what was presented in RFPs is successfully implemented
- Proven ability to analyze a situation, identify problems, develop alternate solutions and present recommendations in a logical and clear manner
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners
- Identify marketing/product/implementation/etc. enhancements and/or tools needed based upon our ability or inability to respond to RFP/RFI Q&As
- Partner with Sales to maintain tracking of all RFPs – opportunity size, who was awarded the business, length of contract, etc.
MetLife Association/Affinity Business Advocate Contracts/Forms Development:
- Represent the Association/Affinity Team during the creation of new products: Group, Individual and non-insurance Ancillary products
- Partner with Contract Development Team which develop policy and forms, assist with file preparation information, support issue implementation and negotiate form approval and contract related inquiries
- Manage project organization and workflow of cross-functional team; plans, development, approves project work; coordinates the cross utilization of staff; address project and administrative needs of the Business
- Establish strong relationships with Product Teams, Filing Teams, Law Department and Actuarial Department in an effort to support form and contract negotiations with state insurance departments
- Constantly look for ways to improve internal processes and serve internal and external clients.
Association/Affinity Team Business Advocate:
- Identify Service Team needs for additional tools and processes to streamline procedures – responsible for Continuous Process Improvement. Help create, document and maintain tools/processes/procedures as needed
- Participate in Projects/Pilots/Innovations
Association/Affinity Team TPA Audits:
- Responsible for conducting TPA Audits in accordance with state specific regulations
- Pre-audit requirements
- On-site audit/Desk audits
- Post audit summaries
- Deficiency resolutions
- 8 to 10 years of contracts/compliance/regulatory experience
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of group and individual insurance provisions, insurance regulations pertaining to policy forms and filing procedures
- TPA Audit experience
- Proven record of establishing, building and nurturing lasting relationships
- Experience evaluating changes in state regulations and their impact to the business
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.