What you’ll be doing...
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is a position within Verizon Telematics Information Technology Delivery division that will coordinate and document requirements and testing for IT related enhancements and initiatives. The Sr. BSA will:
- Coordinate and lead sessions with key stakeholders to gather and document system requirements, assess stakeholder needs and issues, and document required processes for various sized IT initiatives spanning multiple orgs; This includes the ability to think abstractly and ask the right questions in order to assess, document, and analyze business needs and wants
- Quickly and thoroughly understand the IT systems landscape, and document system and technical requirements that meet business needs and that fit in to that landscape
- Act as a liaison between the business and technology by relaying business needs and system requirements to IT resources within Development, Data, Business Systems, Infrastructure, and Operations
- Identify any gaps in requirements that will impact the business/systems processes
- Adhere to change management processes and manage the release of changes into the IT landscape
- Work with vendors/consultants for 3rd party implementations as needed to ensure business needs are met and documentation is complete and thorough
- Document and execute test cases that adhere to functional requirements in various test environments; pinpoint exact steps to reproduce defects/issues and work with IT resources (internal and external) to bring about resolutions
- Coordinate UAT sessions with end users for enhancement requests for releases for all functional applications across the entire organization for all divisions worldwide
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent. Prefer degree in Computer Information System or MIS
- At least 5 years of experience in a BSA role that involved heavy QA and Business Systems Analysis responsibilities
- Ability to balance technical skills with business savvy – ability to document and transform end-user requirements into system specifications and test cases
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to various business systems and IT processes relating to requirements gathering, testing, change management, and overall project implementation
- Strong aptitude and adherence to various SDLC methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, XP, etc.)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; able to work efficiently while meeting tight deadlines and multiple competing priorities
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work creatively in problem solving environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative in researching problems and proposing solutions
- Willingness to work flexible and/or extended hours to complete project tasks and coordinate migrations and/or calls with stakeholders in various time zones after hours
- Ability to Travel up to 25%
- Knowledge and Use of requirements documentation tools and automated testing software
- Knowledge of the full testing lifecycle
- Detailed understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to:
- Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, Care, etc.
- Experience with software in a ‘Software as a Service’ (SaaS) environment
- Knowledge and use of ERP and CRM systems (like Salesforce/NetSuite/Oracle/SAP)
- Project management, system implementation and system integration experience
- Experience with working with a PMO office and project managers
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.