Job Location: Whippany, NJ
MetLife’s Investments IT Group is seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst to play a major role in the delivery of automated external client reporting solutions for our MetLife Investments Management Business utilizing the Varden Technologies reporting platform. The project initiative is an effort to streamline cross asset external client reporting needs with flexibility for the business to meet time sensitive client deadlines ensuring scale to support business growth. The candidate will lead and coordinate various ongoing initiatives from the initial requirements gathering phases to production delivery while partnering with the development team and the business. The ideal candidate will be an eager problem solver with a strong work ethic, with a focus and willingness to go the extra mile in a dynamic fast paced environment. This is a great growth opportunity for a highly motivated individual with room to explore different areas of technologies which support the MetLife Investment Management business longer term.
- Take a lead role in coordinating the utilization of the Varden reporting platform to deliver automated reporting solutions to the business.
- Gather business requirements and provide functional specifications to the development teams through functional walkthroughs and support.
- Act as the primary liaison between business partners and development teams and build a strong relationship with the business in support of the ongoing demands of external client reports and data feeds.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team and ensure proper capture of test cases, and respond to test team ambiguity review questions.
- Analyze and understand the use case of various data elements for client reporting and work with various Investments IT teams to deliver automated data feed solutions.
- Participate in detailed design discussions with the development team, data architecture and technical architects.
- Design reports and create report templates leveraging Varden’s Report Designer.
- Develop expertise in leveraging Varden to deliver various reporting process solutions (i.e. Data Quality, Report Review process and more).
- Design and work towards strategies around the delivery of interactive end-user reporting solutions leveraging Varden’s Xportal module.
- Produce training materials for Varden Business users and conduct one on one training sessions as needed on various functions.
- Produce project plans and work with various groups and teams to ensure project milestones and goals are met in timely manner.
- Take part and contribute to producing presentations to management (status reports, project plan road maps, project strategies, budget forecasting, etc).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2 – 5 years business systems analysis experience or comparable business experience.
- Hands on experience with reporting platforms.
- Knowledge of finance and investments products is a must with a focus on private placements, real estate equity, real estate debt, structured products, and/or loans.
- Expertise and experience in financial data (Security Master, Positions and Holdings, Trade Transactions, Performance, Credits, Sectors, etc.)
- Great communication and Presentation skills.
- Highly organized in fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and detailed oriented.
- Proficient in SQL database language and good knowledge of data stored procedures and SQL server.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Varden reporting platform experience a major plus
- Experience and understanding of Agile a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies is a plus: SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, TFS
Group Technology & Operations- Investments IT
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 59841