This position is responsible for the implementation and support of the Airgas Finance area solutions (SAP Finance & Controlling modules). This position requires configuration and solutioning expertise and will provide application/functional support in the FI/CO modules, with a key focus on the integration between Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Sales/Distribution (SD). Significant experience in FI/CO is required to provide guidance and insights to project team members and the business. In addition to the project based initiatives this position will also be responsible for the day to day production support tasks. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configuration of various functions within FI/CO, such as: New GL, Document Splitting, Intercompany Processing, AR, AP, Fixed Assets, Product Costing, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Oder Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Revenue Recognition, and Tax
- Develop and deploy new processes and configuration to meet business needs
- Provide support, implement fixes and additional functionality
- Analyze data and processes to identify/troubleshoot problems, and recommend preventive action
- Proactively provide status on all activities to appropriate stakeholders
- Follow applicable standards, procedures, guidelines, and methodologies in the support and/or maintenance of systems
- Continually strive to enhance or improve business systems processes that drive efficiency through use of best practices
- Document requirements for new functionality as required in support of FI/CO initiatives
- Collaboration with Order Management (OM) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) team members
- Develop procedures, processes and guidelines that are efficient and focused on the quality of the process or end state deliverable
- Develop functional design specifications in support of existing and new application requirements
- Collaborate with various technical teams to evaluate design alternatives, optimize design solution and minimize impact to performance
- Develop and execute functional unit test cases in support of new application requirements
- Work with cross functional teams to perform test activities (e.g. integration, performance, user acceptance)
- Support the deployment of production applications and provide post-production support related to custom system enhancements and integration points
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business/Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- 6 - 8 years experience in an Information Technology systems analysis function, working with end-users to translate business requirements into systems specifications
- 2 full life-cycle SAP implementations.
- 5 years of hands-on SAP configuration experience in FI/CO modules
- Thorough understanding of the integration with other SAP modules SD, MM, PM, PP
- Experience with Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM) is a plus
- Experience with Vertex (or similar tax application) is a plus
- Experience supporting the integration between ECC and 3 rd party auxiliary applications (including SAP bolt-on) such as credit card process systems (Delego/Paymentech/CardConnect), HighRadius accelerators, Open Text (VIM,ICC, Archiving), Taulia, bank systems, etc., is a plus
- Experience with SAP BW and SAP BPC is desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of a full life cycle implementation and production support
- A plus would be experience with complex implementations that include custom solutions around PGI and sales revenue postings, including Intercompany Sales (user exits, enhancements, custom programs)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to lead discussions, present ideas to audiences of all sizes, and interact with all levels of the organization
- Good knowledge of SAP structures, configuration standards, object dependencies and tables
- Strong solutioning skills with demonstrated ability to analyze and provide effective problem solving, assessing whether standard functionality can be used and identifying reasonable custom solutions where needed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals
- Experience leading and managing project team members and deliverables
- Experience in wholesale distribution and/or retail a plus
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical terms relevant to SAP to coordinate and assist with the detailed technical design of FRICEW objects
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spends 70% of the time sitting, and 30% of the time either standing or walking while in the office.
- Occasionally stoops, kneels, crouches, climbs, balances, crawls, and reaches.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery.
- Must be able to work in a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office or home office setting
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability