Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric Process Automation is a global technology, software and consulting organization leading significant change in process manufacturing, plant optimization, business operations and enterprise performance. We do this by helping our customers to take advantage of manufacturing and business operations. Our solutions help to automate plants and facilities and allow a wide range of personnel to receive and respond to changes in conditions more quickly and effectively, and thereby keep their operations running efficiently and safely. Job Summary
This position will be responsible for both strategic and tactical duties within the project procurement department of Process Automation. The candidate will have the ability to work under nominal direction and oversight, initiate, develop, negotiate and administer subcontracts and other agreements of high dollar value, risk, and complexity, consistent with client requirements and procurement policies/procedures. Create highly complex solicitations, supports proposals, conduct price and cost analysis, negotiate price/cost and price/cost related terms and other subcontracts or agreement provisions. Working with other program staff, play a significant role in ensuring compliance with required performance. Responsibilities
- Candidates must have CPFF (Cost Plus Fixed Fee) subcontracting experience as well as Time and Materials, and LSTK (lump sum turnkey)
- Candidate will be responsible for the development of Request for Quotes/Proposals, understanding Statements of Work and the review, analysis and evaluation of Subcontractor proposals. Should also have the ability to perform cost and price analysis, negotiate terms and conditions, identify risks, coordinate solutions and support major initiatives for a dynamic and growing business unit
- Candidate will be responsible for issuing purchase order, review orders for price, delivery, quantity, and item correctness, daily expediting with suppliers for lead times, keeping accurate records, resolving any supplier queries and maintain/uploading proper documentation on the Supply Chain Purchasing Drive
- Candidate must know and have experience with SAP, Purchase Orders, competitive bidding practices, bid analysis, preparing Requests for Quotes, how to enter orders, track and expedite; close orders
- Candidate must have excellent reporting skills and be accomplished to some degree with Excel, Power Point and Adobe Acrobat XI Standard.
- Candidate must have multi-million dollar subcontracts and purchasing experience; government experience is a plus, such as the FAR and DFAR.
- Ensures accurate definition of requirements, negotiates purchase agreements, establishes and maintains an effective procurement system consistent with company control guidelines
- Interacts regularly with technically oriented internal and external customers to communicate and/or negotiate complex contract issues
- Manages effective internal client and supplier relationships up to the senior executive level
- Mentoring/coaching transactional buyers in technical competencies
- Ability to effectively participate in cross functional commercial teams
- A moderate to high level of skill in problem solving and leadership competencies
- Good analytical skills, negotiating skills, good judgment & results orientation
- Demonstrated computer system knowledge including spreadsheet analysis software and SAP software applications
- Collaborates with other purchasing staff to identify and implement purchasing best practices
- Accountable for cost savings and avoidances through effective contract negotiation, strategic sourcing process utilization and contract leakage control
- Contribute to the development and attainment of the organization's goals and objectives. Failure to achieve desired results may cause critical delays in schedules and have a significant cost impact
- Regularly interact with other procurement organization staff, functional peer groups, suppliers and internal customers. Represent Procurement in interactions with senior management on a variety of subcontracting matters
- Work under nominal direction and relies extensively on independent judgment. Require little instruction on progressively more complex new assignments. Create and implement effective acquisition strategies for purchase of goods and services.
Qualifications: Essential Knowledge
- Experience working in Purchase Order and invoice payment systems
- 10 years of procurement and/or EPC experience that demonstrates a fundamental knowledge of business, subcontract and/or contract administration to include fixed price, time and material cost reimbursable contracts
- A working understanding of finance and accounting principles. Knowledge of business principles such as purchasing, materials logistics management, business and contract law, export control, finance and accounting
- BS or BA in business or related field is a plus but experience is equally weighed and may even be more valuable. Any professional accreditations / affiliations / certifications are a plus.
Organizational "Fit" Considerations
- The candidate shall have outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Should be task and team oriented, self-motivated, independent, willing to accept responsibility and have an inherent ability to multi-task while working under time constraints. Understanding and use of the English language is imperative.
- Candidate must be well organized, able to work with all levels of personnel to work effectively in both a team environment and independently
- Must also be willing/able to work extended hours when necessary
- Ability to interact with Senior Management and Management
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.