Group Insurance is an operating unit within the U.S. Businesses Division that primarily focuses on creating, distributing, and administering a complex range of life and disability insurance products for many top Fortune 500 companies. Prudential has been underwriting group insurance plans since 1916. Today, our Group Insurance business unit is the nation’s second largest group life carrier and a leading disability carrier, proudly servicing nearly 20,000 clients—and insuring more than 20 million employees and their families. Group Insurance has operation centers across the United States
Prudential Group Insurance underwriting division is looking for Group Life & Disability Proposal Technician in our Premier Account market segment supporting employer groups of 100-499 employees. The person in this position will collaborate with internal business partners including Underwriting and Actuarial staff to effectively manage our client's expectations. They are required to perform moderately complex technical duties in analyzing Request for Proposal, client census data, plan design elements and monitoring timely release of rates to our national sales offices and brokers. Work is completed in accordance with Underwriting guidelines. This associate will serve as a resource for new hires and provide technical guidance to other Proposal Team associates.
In this role, you will be accountable for the following:
- Review and organize all proposals through completion including interpretation of booklets/broker’s plan request
- Price initial Request for Proposals/Requotes including Add Issues, Benefits Plan Changes and STD Experience quotes
- Communicate and partner with underwriters, sales executives, account managers and brokers regarding case issues, assessments, pricing and rating with a customer focus
- Maintain pending files and perform timely follow- ups
- Consistently meet or exceed quality and production objectives
- Maintain an excellent work ethic
- Builds and maintains strong relationships
- Familiar with Group Life and/or Disability product principles and features
- Group Life and/or Disability experience, preferably 2 years, or equivalent through related work
- Proven ability to work independently
- Strong Analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PC knowledge with an emphasis on Excel
- Flexibility to work extra hours to meet objectives, generally during peak processing
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.