Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Sr. Category Insight Analyst, TENA to be based out of Bentonville, AR.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Category Management function is an essential role to enhancing the partnership with the customer by providing thought leadership using fact-based/strategic selling to drive category business growth. The Sr. Category Insights Analyst uses deep-dive analytics and category/shopper insights to develop category strategies to influence modular activation at the customer. The role will work collaboratively with Category Manager, Shopper Insights, Sales partners, and U.S. Headquarter Shopper/Category Teams to achieve key objectives.Qualifications
1. Serve as Category Captains on specified Categories – Provide unbiased strategic and tactical insights and recommendations to Walmart buyers on Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, Pricing, and Promotional opportunities to improve category performance. Provide support to Buyer during modular relay process.
2. Uncover business opportunities with deep-dive analytics using a various resources including, but not limited to: POS/ Retail Link, Syndicated Data, Marketplace & HH Panel Assessments, and Ad/Promotion Review. Responsible for providing value-added weekly reporting to customer.
3. Work with internal Shopper/Category partners on research opportunities: provide voice-of-customer, facilitate research projects, and activate findings to be customer-specific
4. Work with Category Manager and internal partners on Category Strategy Development including growth plans for focus Segments/Brands, Regional/Demographic Opportunities, and Assortment Gaps
5. Influence and execute the modular activation of merchandising improvements, efficient assortment, and clustering solutions
6. Develop, leverage, and share best-practices to enhance the entire category management team
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 2 years prior experience in sales analytics and/or category management in CPG working with Walmart required.
• Previous experience with POS and/or syndicated data required
• Experience with space planning software required
• Ability to independently organize and complete assigned work
• Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, complex matrix, changing environment
• Ability to access, assess, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from sales and customer data
• Ability to create impactful presentations to explain recommendations and findings of studies
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, database information sources and web applicationsPrimary Location
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Marketing & Sales