Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Sr. Category Insights Manager, located in Cumberland, RI (suburb of Providence and within driving distance from Boston).
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc. provides sales, marketing and logistical services to U.S. retail customers on behalf of the U.S. consumer companies. It represents one point of contact with our customers for selling teams, customer service, distribution, retail merchandising and professional detailing. It develops and markets baby care, wound care, over-the-counter medicines, and skin care products that address the needs of consumer and healthcare professionals and incorporates the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brands, Listerine®, Benadryl®, Tylenol®, ZYRTEC®, as well as leading beauty and skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and more.
The Sr. Category Insights Manager leads the CVS business and cross-functional team to provide leading-edge category, shopper, customer and competitive insights and analytics for the CVS team in order to develop a category plan that aligns customer, customer marketing and brand strategies. This individual will be the demonstrated expert in all categories for internal and external teams and is responsible for providing leadership to identify winning category strategies and best practices, based on sound analytics and recommendations for the category, customer, shopper, and channel. This role leads the team’s customer learning plan to develop placement and product adjacencies, category growth opportunities and promotional strategies to help the customer and J&J achieve their business objectives. This individual manages complexity across multiple GBUs, customers and category/shopper related project and prioritizes accordingly. The Sr. Category Insights Manager demonstrates and applies expertise within a variety of study approaches, analytical models and market understanding, resulting in innovative category and shopper solutions. This role is responsible for talent management processes and the development of any direct reports.
• Manage and lead the category, shopper, and brand insights which enable CVS and J&J to achieve increased conversion, wallet share, and leadership.
• Devise, communicate and lead best practices for shopper and category insights to meet the needs of customers.
• Present and share shopper and category insights at the customer and internally to sales and marketing to develop and optimize the trade plan.
• Develop and gain alignment to team analytic platforms and processes to ensure consistent team approach to developing and delivering insights that support business objectives.
• Develop and gain alignment from customers, sales team members and internal partners to ensure that the most appropriate insights and analytics are gathered to help grow the business and support the business plan.
• Lead the development and execution of customer’s shopper and category learning plan, ensuring alignment internally and with rest of sales organization when appropriate, to provide sales teams and/or customers with strategies and tactics that lead to greater retail shelf presence.
• Provide insights and factual support for a variety of strategic/high-level requests from internal/external customers to enhance strong partnerships and support achievement of business goals.
• Gain alignment between the team, internal and external business partners to support goal achievement and timely delivery of requests.
• Is accountable to provide coaching, training, feedback and performance evaluation as required.
• May be assigned additional responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor, or based on the needs of the functional team.
• Complies with company policy and procedures at all times.
• A 4-yr degree is required.
• At least 7 years of prior experience in consumer or relevant business in a customer insights, category insights/management or shopper insights/marketing capacity.
• Must have served in at least one manager-level role.
• Preferred that candidate has been exposed to a retailer loyalty-based system.
• Must have the ability to understand and interpret shopper and category insights research and a strong understanding of syndicated data (IRI or Nielsen) with the ability to elevate direct reports’ capabilities.
• Knowledge of computer technology, analytical software programs, MS Office Suite and database management, including development of queries and assessment of data to draw accurate conclusions.
• Ability to independently devise work scheduling for others and to organize and complete assigned work.
• Strong presentation skills and ability to tailor skills and presentation style to a variety of key decision makers.
• Ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex information so that others understand.
• Ability to develop and oversee the execution of project plans and to implement, execute and draw conclusions from a variety of customer, shopper and category studies.
• Ability and passion to coach and develop reporting staff members.
• This position requires up to 10% travel.
United States-Rhode Island-Cumberland
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.