The Sr. Category Merchant, CPD is responsible for managing multiple projects of moderate to high complexity to completion. The incumbent will lead the implementation for Office Depot's Print Services vision, strategy and execution across all OMNI channel properties. She or he will coordinate the activities of multiple cross-functional teams to complete projects in support of business strategy and objectives. This position requires strong business leadership and technology knowledge, coupled with a highly evolved understand of excellence in customer experience. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and selecting items and/or product lines that are customer focused and unique, over multiple categories. She or he will be accountable for customer and business results of services launched and will have a strong influence in shaping the future success of the company's printed services space.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A/B.S) in Business Management, Business Administration, Project Management.
- 6-8 years of Retail Buying Experience, including 2 years in service and technology products.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental P&L budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience indirectly managing people, including developing, motivating, and directing others.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage work direction across multiple hierarchical levels within the organization.
- Must be able to take a business issue/opportunity and develop appropriate approaches.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across Business and Finance, Planning, Marketing, Operations, and other internal teams, lead conversations and influence others.
- Experience managing and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Creative problem solver with proven negotiation skill set.
- Ability to sell vendors regarding placing their service with Office Depot.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to conduct analysis, and make decisions under competing deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills and ability to effectively operate across multiple merchandising computer applications and programs.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace – whether your workplace is an office, home, school or car.