At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Chemist 3 position is multifold. It involves providing direction and managing chemistry programs, reviewing data, monitoring performance, communicating with other station departments, maintaining regulatory compliance, writing reports, managing special projects, training personnel, maintaining analytical and radioanalytical instrumentation, maintain in-line instrumentation, maintain quality control and participating in the GSEP and Duty rotation. This position will routinely function in a mentoring role and utilizes experience to function with minimal oversight.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct and manage chemistry programs which entails review and analysis of chemistry data. Plant walkdowns, and participation in plant troubleshooting plans.
- Provide leadership and mentoring in responsibilities to support Chemistry programs and communication with the site. This will include developing others as back up support and directing key projects.
- Receive and provide Chemistry training, which includes preparing and delivering lesson plans associated with chemistry. Observe and participate in classroom training activities.
- Participate in GSEP and Duty rotation. Subject to call out as required in support of station requirements.
-4 year BS chemistry or related degree and minimum of 6 years related exempt/professional experience
- Achieved Chemistry Technician qualification with 3 years Chemist 2 experience and minimum of 8 years related experience
- Individual contributor position. Directs, mentors, monitors, communicates and drives performance changes for specific programs as assigned. Ensures department participation in training and GSEP. Communicates status of Chemistry programs within Station organization. Directs and manages special projects. Participates in the duty rotation.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster