McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Health Solutions delivers industry-leading clinical evidence and expert technology to help payers and providers collaborate for better healthcare outcomes at lower costs. Our solutions reduce unnecessary healthcare utilization while improving outcomes; operationalize complex volume- and value-based payment models; and optimize billing communication between providers, patients and payers. Our solutions are in more than four out of five payers in the country; more than 3,900 hospitals and facilities use our InterQual® evidence-based decision support criteria; and our RelayHealth® financial solutions are used to automate 1.9 billion financial transactions each year.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Sr. Client Executive, Strategic Accounts position will focus on developing long-term relationships within the portfolio of assigned customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders within each customer. Additionally, the position will require the ability to analyze operations, organizational challenges, and identify growth and investment opportunities.
This role will require the ability to define strategic account planning and deployment across the entire range of our company’s products and services, ensuring that we are meeting customer’s needs and expectations.
Territory: Western region
Travel: 50% overnight travel
• Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel at multiple levels within assigned customer accounts.
• Help clients succeed with our products, develop a vision for how the product can be used, proactively identify potential issues that could hamper success, and ensure that the appropriate McKesson resources are working to resolve these issues
• Identify opportunities for cross-selling new products across McKesson, selling add-on services, and lay the foundation for sales success.
• Meets assigned goals for quota attainment, account strategy development, revenue retention and growth and reference ability in assigned accounts
• Proactively leads a collaborative strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones with clients
• Proactively assesses, clarifies and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
• Coordinates and runs internal and external customer strategy sessions on an ongoing basis to ensure top to bottom alignment between our organizations.
• Drive reference ability in the customer base
8+ years healthcare account management experience.
• 5+ years experience working with large health care organizations or large enterprise wide healthcare software systems.
• A minimum of 4 years working as a Senior Client Executive or Sales Executive in Health Care Informatics
Additional Knowledge & Skills
•Deep understanding of the Healthcare Industry with applicability to provider organizations. Hospital revenue cycle experience is a plus.
• Sufficient technology application or technology product understanding in order to learn and understand software products at a detailed level.
• Understanding of enterprise software deployment a plus.
• Strong communication skills, relationship building and conflict management skills.
• Good listening skills.
• Able to multi task and prioritize
BS degree or equivalent experience
Ability to travel up to 50%
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.