Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Sr. Clinical Scientist's duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Accountable for the clinical/scientific execution of the clinical protocol.
- Accountable for the scientific aspects of the implementation and conduct of a clinical trial (e.g., investigator meeting presentations, safety and medical monitoring).
- May serve as the CSSM scientific representative on the clinical trial team (CTT).
- May collaborate with the Medical Writer on clinical/scientific and regulatory documents and Study manager on study deliverables.
- May provide tactical/scientific mentorship to other clinical scientists
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 11 years' experience in clinical development; OR
- Bachelor's degree in Life Science with a minimum of 7 years' experience in clinical development; OR
- MS in Life Sciences with a minimum of 5 years' experience in clinical development; OR
- PhD in Life Sciences with a minimum of 2 years' experience in clinical development
- Excellent oral (including presentation) and written communication, computer/ database management and project management skills
- Pharmaceutical and/or clinical drug development experience
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement