Are you interested in creating self service solutions that enable teams to operate a multi billion dollar ecommerce platform in the cloud? Are you an expert in building and implementing highly scalable, multi cloud patterns? Do you enjoy writing the code that is used to manage and support large scale systems and operations? If so you might be a good fit for our team.
The Cloud Engineering team at the Home Depot is responsible for creating cloud based, self-service solutions that enable our development and operations teams. We implement industry and community based solutions and create custom solutions where needed. We use a range of technologies to do this and apply these solutions to manage a highly scalable and highly availabile public cloud infrastructure. MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Automate, Automate, Automate. Our engineers spend the majority of thier time creating and implementing solutions written in golang and Python and interact with a huge list of technologies: js, React, Python, GoLang, Google CloudSQL, Google Container Engine, Google Compute Engine, Big Query, Hashicorp Consul, Jenkins, ConcourseCI, PCF just to name a few.
- Work on a fast paced, Agile team staffed by a group of folks that love to learn and innovate.
- Partner closely with our SRE, Operations and Software Engineering and Testing teams to provide relevant solutions to make their lives easier.
- Find great fulfilment in creating and delivering solutions that really make a difference in determining the success of the Home Depot Ecommerce platform.
- Develop and manage microservices using golang and python.
- Create user interfaces using js, React and hubot coffee script.
- Participate on an Agile team
- Ensure that security is enforced at every layer of our infrastructure.
- Implement simple, and safe solutions that interact with cloud management APIs to manage cloud infrastructure (clusters, VMs, Load Balancers, deployment engines, event systems, scheduling systems etc.)
- Create and manage solutions to manage the configuration and deployment of cloud native applications.
- Have fun doing it!
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 5+ years' experience building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems in public cloud environments.
- Expert knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure concepts: Managed Instance Groups, Autoscaling, Clustering, PaaS, IaaS, Networking, Load Balancing.
- Experience with continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins, TravisCI, ConcourseCI.
- Experience with Hashicorp tools: Packer, Consul, Vault.
- Expert knowledge of modern configuration management systems with a lean towards immutable infrastructure.
- Mastery of at least one programming language: Python, golang, Java, js
- Unix/Linux/Shell power user
- Experience creating and managing cloud native, 12 factor applications.
- Typically reports to Manager, Information Technology Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time. " />
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!