What you'll do:
We have a Sr. Cloud Engineer position focused on managing production systems and building on AWS Cloud infrastructure. The position is based in Santa Clara, CA. This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic and fast growing IoT services firm that has a global footprint. If you have a strong AWS background with a focus on building highly available 24x7 production services supporting Linux multi-tiered infrastructures, we would love to tell you more about us. Roles and Responsibilities
Who you'll work with:
- 5+ years experience in delivering reliable cloud based distributed systems
- Extensive experience one Python programming language
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Deep experience working on large scale deployments of Linux
- Networking expertise, including but not limited to DNS, Load Balancing technologies, NAT & VPN
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins,Test Automation and Release Management
- Support your team's technologies as and when required on a 24x7 basis
You'll work closely with team members and cross functional teams. Who you are:
You'll have five years of experience working in a dev ops environment supporting the infrastructure using cloud technology primarily using AWS.
- Hands on experience with AWS: bringing and sustaining AWS stack; VPC, EC2, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, ELB, etc.
- Five+ years of working in Dev ops role supporting infrastructure using cloud technology primarily using AWS.
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration using Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, Code Pipeline
- Good knowledge of various AWS services e.g. VPC, EC2, RDS, CloudFront, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, ELB
- Knowledge of Ansible desirable.
- Experienced with source control management like Git, SVN
- Good understanding of security on the cloud
- Basic knowledge of PCI related requirements.
- Good experience on Networking Technologies like Load balancer, ACL, Firewall, VIP, DNS
Jasper, which became part of Cisco in March of 2016, is a global Internet of Things (IoT) platform leader. Cisco Jasper has designed its industry-leading, cloud-based IoT platform to enable companies of all sizes to rapidly and cost-effectively launch, manage and monetize IoT services on a global scale. When companies do this, they become much more than product businesses. They become service businesses, capable of automatically managing their customers' entire IoT service lifecycle, delivering increased customer value and unlocking new sources of revenue. More than 9,000 companies in over 20 vertical markets, including many of the world's top brands, choose Cisco Jasper to fast-track their IoT services. Jasper currently partners with 30 mobile operator groups, representing more than 100 mobile operator networks worldwide.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.