As a member of the Cloud Services team, you will work as one of our Cloud Systems Engineers. You will play a key role in the adoption, enhancement, and management of our cloud infrastructure and services used to build, deploy, and manage our ODC products, both on-premise and in the public cloud. You will be at the forefront of the supporting and designing our next generation infrastructure and applications. Using industry best practices and innovative approaches, you and your team will aim to provide high-performance, scalable, secure, and resilient systems in support of product development teams and their big data products and services. Skills and Qualifications
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) service
• AWS Data Platforms (Redshift, RDS, etc)
• Orchestration and Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Chef, etc)
• Strong infrastructure automation skills in multiple programming languages (Python preferred)
• Experience in managing infrastructure/applications built on "Big Data: Technologies (e.g. Hadoop, EMR, Spark, or Quobole) and web-based services a plus
• Supporting and enabling software development in a DevOps environment Knowledge of
- Development background is highly desirable
- Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Logging and Monitoring
- Expert level Linux administration (RHEL/OEL/Ubuntu)
- Thrive in a dynamic environment
- Accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Periodic on-call rotation
- Continually innovate and improve product quality as well as group efficiency
- Shows initiative
- Strong aptitude towards rigorous testing and validation of work
- Certification(s) in a Linux administration (any distribution) and/or AWS is preferred
Be a part of the E-Business Suite success story. Work with Oracle*s world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle*s global infrastructure.
Work closely with Oracle*s internal business and development teams to drive the technical/functional global implementation of Oracle*s applications internally. The main responsibilities may include: Manage all aspects of internal deployment projects and work closely with the internal teams on status, issues and communications. Define business specifications with the internal user community for the global deployment of the application. Define and drive business specifications for product and component integration points. Map standard application functionality to global/local business specifications. Manage product gaps from business specifications to product enhancement and/or business process change. Gather specifications and drive solutions from a global perspective across the e-Business Suite. Define product enhancements to drive solutions across the e-Business Suite for all customers. Manage product setup definition and configuration along with internal business process teams. Manage all aspect of product rollout and coordination with internal teams. Define specifications for data migration from legacy systems into newer applications. Define specifications for data interfaces between applications for product rollouts. Manage user acceptance testing and transfer of information to internal teams. Provide technical support for implemented applications; diagnosing and reporting bugs, applying patches and upgrades as needed. Establish priorities for feasibility studies, systems design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company*s information processing systems. Coordinate with functional departments involved to collect system specifications, techniques, and controls. Interact with senior management within Product Development, Business organizations and Global IT.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 2-4 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.