Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
Alternate Job Location : United States : Florida : Tampa
Partner with leaders in the U.S. Business (USB) Strategic Solutions & Governance (SSG) organization to develop and execute communications and campaigns to drive USB and SSG business objectives aligned with MetLife strategies and USB strategic priorities. Primary activities will include writing, editing, packaging and distributing a broad range of messaging to be used in a variety of vehicles. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of engaging audiences through clear writing, logical presentation of information and creativity.
- Propose, research, write, edit, format, gain approvals for and distribute a wide array of high-profile, reader-friendly messages in various formats, including emails, online postings on community sites, articles, videos, presentations, reports, FAQs, etc…
- Ensure superior quality of both content and “look and feel”
- Conceive, design and execute internal messaging and engagement projects, including managing comprehensive plans and coordinating resources, approvals, production and distribution
- Contribute to a variety of initiatives aligned with USB and SSG priorities, including recognition, development, expense management, governance and sales compensation
- Support senior leaders within SSG, working with them to understand business drivers and then providing guidance and advice on formulating key messages and selecting the most effective methods and media
- Assess audience needs, preferences and feedback, then formulate recommendations to address gaps and leverage strengths
- Collaborate with internal partners across the USB and functional areas to ensure an aligned and integrated approach
- Develop and implement methods for measuring the impact of communications and engagement activities
- Continuously improve existing processes and develop new approaches for greater simplicity and efficiency
- Support large meetings and conferences by creating presentations, talking points and other materials as needed
- Manage expenses within prescribed budgetary limits
- Perform other related functions as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing or related discipline
- 8+ years of relevant business experience, preferably in large corporations
- Exceptional written English and editorial skills
- Advanced skills in creating, formatting and editing professional presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint and other tools
- Proven success at managing multiple time-sensitive projects, both small- and large-scale, with remarkable attention to detail
- Customer-service orientation with an unwavering commitment to the audience
- Organizational and problem-solving capabilities to connect the dots and translate complex information into clear, concise, compelling and motivational narratives
- Solid experience in the multimedia and online spaces, including SharePoint site development and maintenance, Photoshop, shooting and editing video, WebEx, Yammer
- Track record of working effectively in a matrix structure, including partnering with corporate internal communications and creative services functions
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills – including protocol, relationship building, collaboration, influencing and negotiation – across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated sound business judgment, maturity, tact and discretion, with the ability to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and senior leaders
- Ability to work independently with flexibility and focus in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of MetLife and the U.S. Business organization, products and services
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially PowerPoint and Word
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 51202
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.