Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Communications Manager within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization for a two (2) year project. The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ or EMEA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services is the global, shared services organization that supports the businesses of Johnson & Johnson. Its mission is “to deliver world-class, standardized, global services that connect and empower employees to leverage the scale of Johnson & Johnson”. Its role in supporting J&J employees is to perform select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized, end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila (Philippines), Suzhou (China), Prague (Czech Republic), Bogota (Colombia) and Tampa (Florida, USA), as well as in local country-based hubs.
The Senior Communications Manager for J&J Global Services is responsible for developing and executing an enterprise functional communication strategy and plan that drives Johnson & Johnson revenue, growth, valuation and reputation.
They also provide counsel and support to business leaders to:
• Drive business objectives of Johnson & Johnson, its functions and businesses
• Build stakeholder trust and advocacy
• Inspire employee advocacy
• Develop and execute a strategic functional communication plan and narrative that links our company narrative with Global Services’ (GS) business priorities and drives our reputation: includes analysis and targeting of stakeholders, benchmarking of activity and measurement of impact.
• Leverage a global network of Communication and Change/Communications professionals to drive the strategy and execution.
• Provide strategic counseling, common processes and resources needed to advise functional communication leaders in driving engagement and shaping the dialogue around Global Services as a competitive advantage/critical partner.
• Ensure alignment of functional communication’s scope of services to the business and enable increased collaboration and knowledge sharing across the functional communication team.
• Lead executive communication to include development of key messaging and materials and preparation for internal and external engagements.
• Connect and collaborate with the Enterprise network, Workforce Communications and Business Sectors communicators to shape messaging and maximize engagement in GS initiatives.
• Incorporate innovative and best in class communication practices into the functional communication strategy to enable business leaders to “up their communications game”.
• Develop and manage ongoing functional communication content and curation.
• Shape and ensure alignment of the end-to-end cross-functional strategy, dialogue, and messaging across HR, Finance, Legal, IT, Procurement and Global Corporate Affairs, to create and define the function in the world – driving consistent language around our reputational drivers.
• Drive engagement, grow advocacy and a culture of collaboration, accountability and customer focus that is aligned to the business priorities.
• Serve as an active member of aligned segment(s)’: Functional Leadership team(s) and Functional Communication Leaders team.
• Interact with and appropriately leverage J&J Communications Centers of Excellence: Workforce Communications, Media Relations and Strategic Insights.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
• An advanced degree or equivalent certificate in Communications is preferred
• Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in communications or a related field is required
• Minimum of two (2) years of knowledge and experience with internal communication channels, measures, and metrics is preferred
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing reputation-building plans is required
• Deep business acumen and understanding of enterprise strategy is required
• Global mindset is preferred
• Fluent in English is required
• Demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories, with superior written, oral and visual communication abilities is required
• Experience working in a collaborative matrix environment is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and provide counsel to senior business partners is required
• Demonstrated ability to independently curate compelling content to drive employee engagement is required
• Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and multiple priorities is required
• Deep understanding of digital and social platforms is preferred
• High degree of independent judgment is required
• Demonstrated advanced PowerPoint skills is required
• Key problem-solving skill in developing communication strategies and actions is required
• This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ or EMEA and will require up to 20% domestic and international travelPrimary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
Europe/Middle East/Africa, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Zug-Zug, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom, Europe/Middle East/Africa-GermanyOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function