- Ownership / Responsible for analysis of financial processes to ensure escheatment compliance for all companies including 3rd party vendors.
- Responsible for preparing and filing government escheat reports in all 54 states and territories.
- Responds to government escheatment audit requests and IRS audit requests.
- Oversees research and resolution of detailed analytical issues.
- Supports Month end close processes for OD and North American Card & Coupons Services.
- Responsible for daily operations related to vendor payments by releasing daily payment batches.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years' experience in related field.
- Escheatment Compliance exp.
- SOX, Security Audit exp.
- Access and Excel (Advanced)
- Cognos is a plus
- Exceptional judgment skills with strong decision making ability.
- Exceptional knowledge of the systems, escheat laws, legal and government reporting requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must possess strong relationship management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Capable of working under pressure and can effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with an emphasis on maintaining confidential information.
- Experience responding to audit requests.
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace – whether your workplace is an office, home, school or car.