PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Sr. Compliance Analyst will support the Manager – Compliance & Training’s with responsibilities surrounding compliance with all NERC related Reliability Standards and ISO requirements that are applicable to Portfolio Operations. The Sr. Compliance Analyst must develop a strong technical understanding of the Reliability Standards and ISO requirements themselves as well as the forums where they are debated. The Sr. Compliance Analyst will monitor the Reliability Standards and ISO requirements and will be an advocate for change or improvement of these Reliability Standards and ISO requirements. The Sr. Compliance Analyst will work with the Manager – Compliance & Training to oversee and ensure coordination and accurate completion of all required training in support of compliance to the Standards and requirements. The Sr. Compliance Analyst must assist the Manager Compliance & Training in keeping all impacted employees fully informed on important relevant activities and will ensure timely execution of any necessary notification or compliance submission actions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Facilitate timely, accurate and complete compliance submissions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training required to support the compliance initiatives and requirements that impact Portfolio Operations personnel.
- Work closely with the Manager – Compliance & Training to monitor and evaluate the organization’s compliance with all FERC & NERC approved (and draft) standards, along with ISO Training requirements and make appropriate recommendations for actions needed to satisfy necessary requirements.
- Provide drafting or editing support to the summaries or notice documents disseminated by the Manager – Compliance & Training for internal and external audiences.
- Assist the Manager – Compliance & Training in the review of training records and recordkeeping practices to ensure compliance and satisfactory conclusions to any audit.
- Assist IT in the development and maintenance of tools needed to track compliance, support audits and store necessary information and approvals.
- Ability to identify and inform manager of potential areas of compliance improvement, imminent changes/modifications of current compliance rules.
- Work with other Business Units to identify and inform of potential areas of compliance improvement, imminent changes/modifications of current compliance rules with Manager – Compliance & Training oversight
- Proficiency with Portfolio Operations tools/processes.
- Work cooperatively with co-worker(s) on accomplishing shared/departmental goals as outlined by the Manager – Compliance & Training.
- Demonstrate understanding/interpretation of NERC Reliability Standards and regional ISO rules.
- 5 years’ experience as a generation dispatcher or an equivalent energy related position.
- Working knowledge of NERC and FERC.
- Knowledge of PJM, ISO-NE, NYISO, SERC, SPP, CAISO, AESO, MISO and ERCOT markets.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees within an organization.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, and customer-oriented, with the ability to think independently and creatively.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task to meet tight deadlines.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Math, Economics, Business Administration or other technical degree.
- Operational plant experience.
- PJM Certified System Operator.
- NERC Certified System Operator.
- Leadership experience.
**PLEASE NOTE: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE THIS ROLE COULD BE TITLED AND GRADED FOR SR. COMPLIANCE ANALYST OR COMPLIANCE ANALYST **
A little about us:
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.