At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Aggressively manages and inspects the day-to-day activities of multiple gas and/or electric contractor crews. �
- Facilitates the installation of gas and/or electric infrastructure and ensures that all company standards, company specifications and governmental regulations are met. �
- Manages work to ensure that all performance objectives for cycle time and cost are on target. �
- Oversees and directs contractors performing gas connections and electric cut-ins. �
- Makes the proper notification to all federal, state and local agencies before, during and after construction as required. �
- Prior to commencement of construction, coordinates with customer(s) at the job-site to determine specific customer requirements, construction sequencing and provides site readiness verification. �
- Maintains frequent and regular contact with contractor supervision regarding job performance and documents results appropriately. �
- Knowledgeable of distribution contracts. �
- Ensures that the terms and conditions of contract and technical specifications are met. �
- Verifies key unit quantities. �
- Makes the necessary field decisions regarding job changes and communicates them as necessary; documents all job changes to ensure compliance and updates the appropriate information technology systems. �
- Schedules and coordinates all required electric system outages. �
- Performs weekly safety audits of crews and documents performance in the Contractor Performance Management System (CPMS). �
- Coordinates permit and work-with requirements with 3rd party utilities and permit agencies. �
- Reviews and approves all documents submitted by the contractor verifying the accuracy and completeness of the documentation. �
- Regularly communicates job status to the appropriate parties to facilitate scheduling commitments. �
- Maintains customer coordination during construction phase and conducts job walk-down with customer and contractor at job completion. �
- Performs storm duty assignments as needed. �
- Reports to job-site or remote location. �
- May be required to work during emergencies and storm situations.
- Thorough knowledge of Company work, environmental, and safety practices, including a working knowledge of electric and/or gas operations, and the ability to maintain or obtain switching, outage and/or gas-up authorization.
- In-depth knowledge of materials, BGE construction standards, regulations (OSHA), and safety requirements for electric distribution, substation or gas distribution construction.
- Thorough knowledge of PC and job/work management applications including WMS, TES and CPMS.
- Ability to interpret construction and vendor drawings, feeder prints and job jacket contents.
- Ability to effectively plan, schedule, manage and coordinate daily work activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to anticipate and resolve problems promptly.
- Valid drivers license and ability to meet Company driving standards.
- Five or more years of construction experience or the equivalent combination of formal education/training and experience.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster