- Applies strong functional knowledge and elicitation techniques necessary to draw out data and analytics business requirements completely and accurately from stakeholders. Performs requirements planning, monitoring and requirements management.
- Independently performs rigorous data analysis, data discovery and data profiling using industry standard querying tools to support business requirements development that are complete, clear, unambiguous, well written and appropriate to audience.
- Maintains data mapping documents, bus matrix and/or other data design artifacts that define business data requirements and transformation rules.
- Act as liaison and advisor/consultant between the business and IT stakeholders providing thought leadership.
- Lead responsibility in mentoring, instructing, assigning, directing and checking the work of Business Data Analysts within their group.
- Acts as a change leader to help and drive implementation of industry best practices.
- Provides support and consulting by answering questions, researching possible solutions to complex problems, and fostering open communication between the customer and development team.
- Identifies logical, relevant business, data relationships between complex topics in the broader context of own project or functional area.
- Identifies choices and improvement opportunities to better align own work with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
- 6 years of experience in business requirements or data analysis supporting the Insurance industry and data warehouse or reporting/analytic projects. Possesses strong functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent practitioner.
- Proficient in industry standard querying tools
- Experience working on Agile projects
- Knowledge or familiarity with dimensional database structure
- Excellent facilitation, requirements elicitation and data analysis skills
- Experience with mentoring and leading other Business Analyst or Data Analyst
- Identifies industry best practices
- Insurance Knowledge
- Advanced business acumen with technical aptitude
- Communication skills (both verbal and non-verbal)
- Detail Oriented
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a timeline driven environment.
- Strong Presentation skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Forward looking and focused on continuous improvement
- Strong relationship building / interpersonal and influencing skills
- Team player and able to work with and through others
- Effectively establishes credibility
Effectively manages key stakeholders at all levels including senior leadership team in a matrix environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD