Are you passionate about writing code that solves some of the largest problems facing the US Federal Government?
Do you value deploying applications into production with real world impact?
Want to work on projects using the latest (including pre-release) Microsoft technologies?
Are you a technical leader who loves helping junior developers hone their craft?
OVERVIEW: Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our government and offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security of our nation and preservation of our nation's interest are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. The Microsoft Services team has provided and continues to provide a vital role in supporting the successful and accelerated achievement of our customers' objectives through Microsoft products. Microsoft has seen an explosive growth in the adoption of our .NET platform and is looking for developers capable of supporting this extremely important mission. The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
The Modern Applications Domain utilizes proven Microsoft tools, practices and solutions development experts to develop mission-critical solutions for public sector customers. Operating from Microsoft's premises with all necessary infrastructure supplied, this domain's highly qualified personnel work hand-in-hand with customers, partners and other Microsoft teams to deliver professional solutions within reduced time and financial boundaries, and with increased predictability of success.
JOB DESCRIPTION: We are actively seeking a Consultant with a passion for .NET application development. The successful candidate will work with our customers to empower organizations to innovate and gain competitive advantage through leveraging the .NET development platform framework. We have been successful at demonstrating the superiority of .NET over JAVA and need skilled developers capable of furthering our growth in this space.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proficiency with or quickly learn advanced .NET architecture, design, coding, and debugging. This candidate's ability to impact system architectures, investigate system-wide technical problems, and develop new features is key to the role. Additionally, the role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to develop a solution by mapping a customer's business problems to an end-to-end technology solution.
The role requires a technically strong Consultant who is resourceful, confident under pressure and has demonstrated skill in Application Development.
Each consulting engagement is customized to serve the client's unique needs. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in engagements by demonstrating knowledge of:
• Strong understanding and experience with the .NET 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0 framework as well as ASP.NET MVC (at least 3.0)
• Strong experience with the C# programming language and object-oriented programming. Experience with Visual Basic.NET or other .NET programming languages is helpful.
• SQL Server (at least 2008, 2012 preferable)
• Broad understanding and experience with Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft technologies.
• Experience developing Microsoft Office based solutions.
• Experience developing database applications using SQL Server. Experience with Oracle or DB2 is helpful.
• Experience developing interoperable solutions with Unix/Linux and/or Java using web services, COM/Java interop technologies, and/or TCP/IP sockets is desirable.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Strong understanding of Team Foundation Server (at least 2012) or other source control mechanisms as well as Visual Studio (at least 2012)
• 5+ years of enterprise application development experience. Public Sector (Educational, State and Local Government and/or Federal Government) and consulting experience preferred.
• 5+ years of .C# (or other 3GL/object oriented language) development experience
• Solid understanding of interoperability issues and the strengths and weaknesses of platforms and products
• Proven experience delivering complex application development projects using Microsoft technology
• Strong experience delivering projects using an Agile / iterative approach and Entity Framework
• Unity (or some other Dependency Injection Framework)
• NuGet, ReSharper, JQuery, Angular JS, and HTML/CSS
• Broad understanding and experience developing on the Microsoft platform.
• Ability to diagnose and correct performance problems.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to engage in executive and senior-level technology discussions.
• Strong understanding of unit and integration testing.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active US Government Top Secret Security Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with polygraph.
The position will require travel to customer's sites. The selected candidate must be able to start within 30 days of offer acceptance. Relocation will be considered for the right candidate.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.