Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our government and offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security of our nation and preservation of our nation’s interest are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. The Microsoft Services team has provided and continues to provide a vital role in supporting the successful and accelerated achievement of our customers’ objectives through Microsoft products. Microsoft has seen an explosive growth in the adoption of SQL. The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
We are looking for a SQL Server Consultant to join our team. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with highest integrity and technical competence. A portfolio of successful technical services delivery in complex and challenging environments using SQL Server will be a strong requirement for this role.
Key responsibilities include:
• Driving database design, installation, configuration, and documentation activities
• Helping ISV/Enterprises develop processes to manage and maintain databases post-deployment including educating the customer DBA/System Engineers on the architecture and knowledge transfer in the following areas:
o Microsoft SQL Server Administration
o Configuration design for the databases
o Backup and disaster recovery planning
o Data storage and planning
o Routine maintenance, monitoring, and performance tuning best practices
o Database security
o Troubleshooting SQL queries and stored procedures
o SQL Server Reporting Services
o SQL Server Analysis Services
o SQL Server Integration Services
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate:
• Planning and Configuring databases for high availability and disaster recovery including clustering, replication and backup/restore processes
• Familiarity with Windows Server administration, Windows Active Directory, Certificate Administration and IIS
• Good understanding of n-tier architectures.
• Knowledge of developing business user reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
• Programming experience with C# and VB.NET is preferred
• Ability to evaluate end-user business requirements, translate them into technical specifications, and then develop and implement the appropriate technical solutions
• Effective written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proficiency with or quickly learn advanced SQL architecture, design, coding, and debugging. This candidate should have proven ability to impact systems architectures, investigate system-wide technical problems, and develop new features. The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to develop a solution by mapping a customer’s business problem to an end-to-end technology approach.
Successful candidate must have excellent technical communication skills (oral and written). He or she must possess the ability to clearly communicate throughout the organization. Also must have excellent problem solving skills, strong customer service orientation, and the ability to serve in a leadership role.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance.
The position will require travel to customer’s sites.
The selected candidate must be able to start within 30 days of offer acceptance.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.