Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our government and offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security and preservation of our nation’s interest are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. The Microsoft Services team has provided and continues to provide a vital role in supporting the successful and accelerated achievement of our customer’s objectives through Microsoft products.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship with a security clearance.
Our team is seeking a Consultant specializing in SCOM deployments with deep understanding and ability to invent solutions by mapping customer business challenges to an end-to-end technology solution. In this role, you will engage technology decision makers in order to understand their objectives and creatively overcome their greatest challenges.
Your contributions will empower our customers to achieve the most from their investment in Microsoft technology and our team.
• Built upon solid experience relative to your level, as a consultant, you will work with Microsoft’s partners and US Government Customers to assist in:
• Crafting, building and delivering high quality engagements around Microsoft’s solution areas, technologies and products in diverse client environments.
• Stabilizing developed solutions using Microsoft methodologies in complex customer environments.
• The design and development of integrated solutions using the latest Microsoft products and technologies
You should have a technical degree or equivalent work experience and 4-6 years of experience in an Enterprise technical support environment with demonstrated knowledge in:
• An ability to build, test, pilot, deploy and assist in customer implementation of solutions
• Mid-level technology decision maker discussions related to SCOM design, test, deployment and O&M Patching Architecture and Implementation
• SQL configuration and clustering
• Product Lifecycle Management and Governance
• Working knowledge of Power Shell scripting and automation
• Experience with highly available solutions
• Evaluation of products and technical standards
• Organization of rapid adopter or Beta programs
• Working as a crucial member of a dynamic high-impact team
• Each consulting engagement is customized to serve the client’s unusual needs where you will diagnose and correct performance problems.
• The role requires a technically strong Consultant who is inventive, confident, and has demonstrated skill in IT Infrastructure Design and Deployment.
Security Requirements: U.S. Citizenship Active U.S. Government Top Secret (TS). The position will require you to travel to customer’s site(s) and you should be able to start within 30 days of offer acceptance.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.