Sr Consultant - O365 Messaging
Posted: December 14, 2017
Reference ID: 1084173
Office 365 enables customers to take a key step toward better business agility, economics, and user experience and ultimately presents an opportunity to redefine the role IT plays in implementing their business strategy.
Do you want to join a unique team of smart and passionate colleagues who truly enjoy helping customers do amazing things to optimize their productivity while mitigating risk? Join our Americas Business Productivity Domain, a segment of the Enterprise Services Delivery organization, and be responsible for delivering Office 365 messaging services to our customers and partners. We have exciting opportunities for deployment consultants who want to help customers implement leading-edge software solutions that redefine their work environment. We’re looking for people with deep mail system & datacenter infrastructure architecture experience to take our customers to a whole new level of technology enabled business success!
As a deployment consultant, you will be an integral part of a team that helps foster trusted advisor, executive-level relationships on customer engagements, sharing and implementing the vision and future direction of the world’s leading software products. You will be on the front lines of innovation on Microsoft technology, taking advantage of direct access with and feedback to product development teams, helping them design future solutions for enterprise customers. You can be part of ground floor opportunities implementing new products and technology and providing customers the foundation for cloud computing. Grow your skills and accelerate your career via Microsoft’s deep technical and professional development programs and by surrounding yourself with exceptional professionals who thrive on collaboration and raising the bar along with their peers.
To achieve these goals, we’re looking for individuals with enterprise-level technical and consulting skills who thrive in roles with high levels of recognition and visibility. You must possess one or more of the following technical skills to be successful in the role:
• Networking: Solid understanding of Dedicated & MPLS Data Circuits, VPNs, Firewalls, TCP Ports, F5’s, & Troubleshooting network slowdowns and IP port problems
• Authorization & Authentication: Active Directory Forests, Active Directory Federation Services, Security Permissions & Authentication, Certificates, Tenants, & Interworking of DNS record types (eg MX records)
• Mail Migrations of 20K+ users: Office 365, Exchange, Public Folders, Group Calendars, Delegates, Blackberry, Lotus Notes, GroupWise, LDAP structures and migration techniques (Binary Tree, Quest, Messaging Architects, Migration Wiz, etc.)
• Other MS Platforms: Skype of Business, SharePoint Administration & Implementation
• Base Servers: Windows Server Hardware Architecture, Multiple SAN types, PowerShell Scripting & Problem management, Troubleshooting, & Cleanup
• Knowledge or ability to ramp quickly on other Office 365 workloads (Teams, EMS, Yammer, Skype for Business Online, SharePoint Online) a plus.
In addition to these technical attributes, successful candidates will have:
• 5+ years’ experience managing complex projects
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - clear, concise, & timely communications
• Solid consulting skills including: IT Infrastructure Consulting, Defining Functional Requirements, Architect Specified Infrastructure Model
• Proven experience as a self-starter and leader who is able to work within tight timeframes, & work with minimal supervision with great results
• Solid understanding of the needs of project managers & executives, with experience mainstream project lifecycle methodology strongly preferred
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent experience
We are looking for experienced individuals throughout the domestic US to be a part of this exciting team.
Candidates need to be local to the domestic US
Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position may require travel to customer sites up to 75% of the time. Overnight travel will also be required.
Candidates must also be able to meet customer security screening requirements which may include, but not limited to: specialized agency background checks (either national or local) and fingerprinting. All employees hired into roles supporting Cloud Offerings will also be required to pass Microsoft background checks prior to the start of employment and every two years thereafter.
If you find this opportunity to be compelling and can demonstrate your ability to excel as a deployment consultant, we would like to explore the possibilities with you!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.