Microsoft Services is proud to serve our customers and to offer an opportunity for you to do the same. Microsoft Services plays a vital role in empowering our customers to achieve more.
Job Description: As a Consultant, you will deliver solutions to customers, enabling them to achieve greater productivity from their investment in Microsoft technology. As part of the Microsoft community, you will be responsible for crafting and deploying high-quality solutions using the latest Microsoft products and technologies in demanding customer environments. Consultants also ensure customers understand the relevant application features, infrastructure, and operations implications of the solution. You will engage with senior-level decision makers to ensure the solution achieves the expected business value. Communication with your customer is important so that the technical solution meets the business need. You will continuously demonstrate your passion for the customer through integrity andn aspiring for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
• 5+ years of experience in systems development or consulting Ability to communicate Project Server product benefits and our unique service capabilities and offerings to business decision makers
• Ability to uncover and match customer business needs to Microsoft Project Server (or other products) solution capabilities, and to drive user adoption
• Expert-level knowledge and ability in both configuring and using:
o Microsoft Project and Project Server
• Project-related aspects of SharePoint and BI/Reporting
• Ability to present ideas clearly and confidently to audiences of various sizes and technical knowledge levels
• Aptitude and passion for extraordinary customer service
• Ability to adapt to the customers changing needs
• Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and also in collaboration with a global team of Consultants and Engineers
• Passion for continuous learning, strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, time management skills, and good judgement
• Ability and desire to contribute to colleague's development by creating and sharing intellectual capital and mentoring new hires
• Ability to apply knowledge to improve products and systems in the customer environment and for internal use
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Education: Minimum bachelor degree. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience.
Travel: Travel may be required for this position. Relocation assistance may be available on a case by case basis.
• The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, hold an active US Government Top Secret Security Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and hold or be willing to sit for a CI Polygraph
• Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.