- Risk Assessment: Must have the knowledge and skill to handle all RE and RI work assignments for all lines of business. This would include working with large multi-location accounts. Must be able to evaluate insured exposures (losses/loss analysis) and controls and provide underwriters and agents with direction to improve account conditions and lessen financial exposure. Must work to understand the insured's business, uncover new service opportunities, or additional exposures to loss.
Risk Improvement Services: Must work at an advanced skill level when providing Risk Improvement services. This would include the demonstration of operational loss analysis reports and accident investigations used to direct services that would eliminate or control conditions that could lead to potential losses. Must have the ability to complete detailed service plans; provide consultative recommendations in business letters; provide safety training to address losses (i.e.) Ergonomics, Machine Safeguarding, Industrial Hygiene; and have the ability to use the tools and products to provide the services necessary. Must be able to communicate the status of service plans in the context of what the Hartford has to offer that would affect the insured's insurance program coverage. Must be able to direct and manage the services of multi-location accounts.
Consultative Selling Skills: Must apply sales training techniques to uncover the business needs of the insured and be able to converse with the insured using a business consultative approach. Based on knowledge of the insured's business activities and needs, must be able to make recommendations that will assist the insured's management to correct and prevent the potential for future financial loss. Support of pipeline and fee sales initiatives.
Presentation Skills: Must be able to make formal written and/or verbal presentations to our insured accounts and agents. Presentations must be clear, concise and focused. Reports to Management are expected to be submitted in a timely fashion and be of high quality. These reports must provide direction to the insured, agent and underwriter to improve operations and reduce potential financial loss.
Insurance Lines of Business: Must attain and maintain good working knowledge of the various lines of insurance coverage and how they apply to an insured's business exposures. Be able to demonstrate this knowledge through correspondence, meeting and training presentations to underwriting, agents and insured's. Continuous education that supports the regional office and business segment objectives is highly recommended. Educational resources would include Segment websites, Comm Bulletins, eLearning courses, and other approved educational sources such as CPCU/IIA (CPCU, ARM, Claims), CIC etc.
Industry Specific Knowledge and Safety: Have working knowledge of the regional office business plans and be able to articulate regional office strategic plans and key issues.
Business Consulting Skills: Must have the knowledge, skills and competencies to approach each insured situation in a business like manner. Acting as a business consultant with specialization in safety and safety management will allow the consultant to add value to the serviced accounts.
- BA/BS degree is required with coursework focused on Occupational Safety and Health Studies, Fire Sciences, Pure Sciences, Engineering or related subjects is preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to perform loss analysis, develop/build service plans
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD