Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our customers and to offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security of our nation and preservation of our nations interests are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. Microsoft Services plays a vital role in empowering our customers to achieve more.
As a consultant you will deliver solutions to customers enabling them to achieve greater productivity form their investment in Microsoft technology. As part of the Microsoft community, you will be responsible for crafting, and deploying high quality solutions using the latest Microsoft products and technologies in demanding customer environments. Consultants also ensure customers have an understanding of the relevant application features, infrastructure, and operations implications of the solution. You will engage in effective dialog with senior-level technology decision makers to ensure the solution achieves the expected business value. Communication with your customer is important so that the technical solution meats the business need. You will continuously demonstrate your real passion for the customer through integrity and aspiring for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
5+ years of experience in IT systems development or consulting
5+ years of experience delivering solutions using the MSF framework or a similar methodology.
Ability to relate SharePoint product capability to customer need.
Ability to gather and translate customer business requirements into a use case for Microsoft SharePoint (or other products) and drive adoption
In-depth development knowledge of the current version of SharePoint and ideally the previous two versions.
Experience in the following development technologies
* Enterprise wide SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013 applications and solutions
* SharePoint 2013 deployment options along with limitations and standard methodologies
* .NET 3.0 through 4.6.1+ framework
* Loosely coupled architecture and solutions
* Database applications using SQL Server and stored procedures
* SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
* Ability to align to secure programming techniques and hold to strict code analysis and metrics * Understand the testing life-cycle and understand how to test against acceptance criteria based on the customer requirements.
* Ability to test, diagnose and correct functionality, performance, and other identified problems
* Experience with user interface (UI) guidelines, design patterns, and data and/or integration design patterns
* Understand the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and agile software methodologies to support project management by working towards project completion
* Demonstrated aptitude for providing extraordinary customer service in politically charged environments.
* Ability to adapt to the customers changing needs or requirements as they arise.
* Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and also in collaboration with a global team of Consultants and Engineers
* Possess real passion for continuous learning, strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and time management skills, and good judgement.
* Ability to improve the technical expertise of peers via the development of product related intellectual capital and mentoring new hires.
* Ability to apply knowledge to improve existing products and systems in the customer environment and for internal use.
* Assist in developing strategies to gain additional business by communicating opportunities to sales teams.
MCSD: SharePoint Applications Solution Developer
Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Core Solutions
Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Advanced Solutions
Developing Microsoft Azure and Web Services
CompTIA Security+ or CISSP Certification
Education: Minimum bachelor degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience.
Travel may be required for this position. Relocation assistance may be available on a case by case basis.
You will need to be able to obtain and hold a US Government Security Clearance.
Once the job offer has been accepted, you will be expected to start within 30 days.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.