Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide. Sr. Content Analyst
Location: Corporate-Lake Forest, IL Primary Function: The Senior Content Analyst will provide analysis and reporting in order to optimize Grainger's Product Hierarchy and Content Information. The SCA will lead projects and improvement areas around Content Operations. Product Information Projects, Auditing processes and present key findings to Product Management, Projects & Content and Third Party services. Will lead the development of assigned product hierarchy levels, attributes and content activities through monitoring of analytics, sales, and overall performance of assigned product structure. Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Preferred Education & Experience:
- SCA's will work closely with internal partners/stakeholders to create and maintain the Product Hierarchy, Product Information, and Audit Models.
- Monitor analytics, sales, and overall performance of assigned products structures,
- product information and audits.
- Create business rules to ensure data integrity across Grainger's entire MRO
- Create, improve and optimize the item addition and maintenance processes.
- Supervise conversion of new content information and monitor/manage workflows
- Lead and handle meetings specific to Product Hierarchy, Product Information,
- Audits and other Business Priorities.
- Coordinate with Content Analysts and other key internal partners to maintain content deliverables.
- Coordinate content update and changes within overall product management processes.
- Recommend and execute additions, changes, and deletions to Category/Hierarchy structure
- Support PLE and BU Add activities as necessary
- Auditing product information for accuracy and consistency
- Manage assigned projects to completion.
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Experience with MRO product data
- Possesses good working knowledge of business strategies across Supply Chain including product information and marketing strategies. Proven ability to work across a variety of business functions throughout various levels of the organization.
- Understands product information strategies and marketing strategies and able to quickly understand new approaches or changes in direction
- Build and maintain strong relationships in a matrixed corporate environment, including the ability to manage relationships with 3rd party vendors, Grainger
- Suppliers and analyze and define service levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with various levels of the organization, 3rd party vendors and Grainger Suppliers.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment (Relationship Building)
- Good communication & presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent ability to create and communicate messages with small to medium audiences of various levels within department. (verbal, written and presentation skills)
- Good ability to clarify ambiguous situations, resolves issues, and reacts quickly to changes in direction.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate technical information to easily understood concepts, decisions, and actions.
- Able to lead and influence peers to drive for the same results.
- Cross-functional team experience
- Proven ability to quickly learn and apply proprietary analytical tools
- Proven experience in managing and analysis of product information data.
- Demonstrated skills in interpreting situations, analyzing problems, and handling issues with diplomacy.
- Highly skilled at analyzing data and sorting relevant information
- Strong analytical skills including experience with conducting process assessments, gap analysis, and benchmarking.
- Excellent creativity and innovation skills to address problems, issues and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills (Ability to bring groups together)
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Good MRO product knowledge.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full proficiency in use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Access)
- Models customer focus in terms of response time, commitment and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated agility, flexibility and time management skills to accomplish multiple priorities and initiatives.
- Aptitude for grasping and applying acquired knowledge
- Proven ability to use technical support or technical data
- Ability to quickly learn, become competent in, and effectively applies new technologies or processes. In addition, has the ability to transfer this knowledge to others.
- Proven orientation to detail and accuracy and getting results.
. The Senior Content Analyst makes decision on process improvements that increases productivity, reduces rework and streamlines maintenance for Grainger's broad MRO portfolio. The Senior Content Analysts also makes decisions on how to prioritize, manage and execute projects and processes that support key business initiatives. The decision that the Senior Content Analysts make directly impact search and select efforts for Grainger's external and internal search tools contributing to sales lift.
Product Management (PCD's, Product Managers)
Catalog / Direct Marketing
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status