Sr. Content Strategist / Lead Writer
Website Security, Symantec
Founded in 1982 by visionary computer scientists, Symantec is a global leader in helping consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored.
Symantec Website Security provides industry-leading security for websites, data, and applications with SSL/TLS, certificate management, vulnerability assessment, WAF/DDoS, malware scanning, etc. The Norton Secured Seal and Symantec Seal-in-Search assure customers they are safe to search, browse, interact, and buy.
Our mission is to bring promise to the digital world - where digital interactions are safe and people can trust websites and applications - by providing our customers with industry-leading innovation, delivery, and advice.
We are looking for a highly motivated, performance-driven Sr. Content Strategist / Lead Writer to join our team. In this role, you are responsible for developing engaging content that customers, partners, and the industry will find compelling. Our messaging must speak to these constituents across the globe, addressing a variety of needs and pain points that translates into Symantec's leadership in website security. Our challenge is to make configurable, customizable content to meet these varied needs, while bringing complex subject matter to life in simple, digestible ways.
As a Sr. Content Strategist, you will work closely with product marketing and product managers to understand the vision and purpose of a product. You will drive the informational content organization of a product, using best practices to shape flow, hierarchy, tone, and more. In partnership with the Senior Manager, Brand Marketing, you will lead brainstorming and ideation for the visuals that pair with the written and/or audio content, including the storyboarding process. You'll provide editorial oversight, and represent the content development perspective when discussing resourcing and work prioritization internally and with other teams. You will also collect feedback from stakeholders across Website Security, e.g. sales, product management, marketing, and more to create or improve our content and storytelling of our solutions and value proposition.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Brand Marketing, you will help build our thought leadership efforts as well as develop our content strategy / storytelling agenda for various communication channels. In order to succeed you will be required to gain deep understanding of product and solution requirements, as well as industry best practices and market leadership, in order to identify configuration points, messaging, and to propose and craft best ways to bring Website Security's products to life. You'll spend your time thinking through configuration parameters, writing informational flows and narrative scripts, and helping design turn those concepts into amazing customer stories / testimonials, case studies, visual stories, etc.
Candidates must demonstrate a strong bias for action, accountability, and drive to resolution with prior experience with B2B technology / software companies, with a strong track record of defining and delivering content that drive marketing success. The successful candidate is passionate about being a brand advocate, is highly creative, and has the ability to translate technical products to life and deliver results.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
The Content and Digital Specialist will be responsible for the following:
• Accountable for development and execution of content marketing strategy and initiatives to drive awareness, traffic, engagement, thought leadership and leads.
• Develop, aggregate, and curate content for websites and social media content / storytelling including daily management and updates and management of social media community.
• In collaboration with PR team, Product Marketing, and Integrated Marketing, collaborate to develop campaigns across multiple channels to drive awareness, thought leadership, engagement and leads/conversion.
• Collaborates across functions to deliver on content marketing strategy and editorial calendar / plan to meet business and marketing objectives.
• Understanding of various audience personas to create content that is appealing and optimizes for conversion.
• Deep understanding of SEO, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution across multiple channels including social, and media measurement. Development of governance so content is consistent with Symantec and Website Security brand identities.
• Stay updated on content and social media industry knowledge and explore new ways to target and engage our audiences.
• Provide best practices and thought leadership within the organization on content marketing and social media, and how to leverage both for success.
Skills / Experience / Requirements:
• This position requires brilliant command of written language, superior communication ability, patience, thirst for learning, and a ton of creativity.
• Minimum 5 years of content experience, preferably as a writer, editor, or content strategist.
• Strong portfolio of published or professional samples in a variety of marketing communications and channels. Comfort giving and receiving feedback.
• Proven ability to understand, synthesize, and reorganize complex information
• Attention to detail and experience working under deadline
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams
• Self-motivation/ability to manage time and deadlines.
• Some management / coaching experience leading a team of junior content writers.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.