Recommend process solutions that optimize end-to-end supply chain's productivity, efficiency, safety, quality, and customer service standards. Leverage time studies and value stream maps to establish, quantify and predict the impact of proposed process changes.
The Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer is the onsite trainer of Lean and coordinates Lean activities within the distribution center adhering to Supply Chain Lean principles/practices as managed by the HQ Lean team.
- The Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer leads the local team in organizing, reviewing and scheduling process improvement events.
- Drives process improvements and eliminates losses through the use of Kaizen workshops, Kaizens and Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- The Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer is the Distribution Center strength on Lean concepts, Lean tools and time and motion studies.
- Quantifies the operational impacts of strategic projects and initiatives by conducting workflow analyses, value engineering, and operations research.
- Seeks to inculcate a Lean Culture by actively participating in process improvement opportunities and involving team members in process improvement work.
- Collaborates with stakeholders in developing project charters, strategy A3s, project A3s, resource alignment and quantifying the financial impact of projects.
- Regularly reports the progress, milestones, savings, and other key aspects of active projects.
- This role is a teacher, mentor, and coach to others. Develops and mentors a direct report(s) through training, informal coaching sessions and the performance management process. Builds and maintains employee morale while ensuring the team is appropriately trained on the required competencies. Fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in either a distribution or manufacturing environment OR High School Diploma/GED and 6 years of experience within either a distribution or manufacturing environment.
- At least 1 year of experience assisting management with devising strategies.
- Project management experience.
- Experience at an advanced level with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- At least 1 year of experience with the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and completion of process improvement projects.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- BS in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Black Belt certification from an industry leading Six Sigma training provider whose certification process requires the completion of two projects.
- Experience influencing others without formal lines of authority.
- At least one year of Lean experience in manufacturing or logistics environment.
- Experience with work measurement, time studies and the creation of SOPs.
- Experience at an advanced level with Access and Visio software.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.