Job DescriptionAs a Strategic Procurement Contract Negotiator, you will be responsible for supporting the CVS Health enterprise in drafting, negotiating, and finalizing IT and Non-IT contractual documents for non-merchandise goods and services. You will perform these tasks in accordance with corporate contract and purchase policies. In this role, you will also lead and/or represent Strategic Procurement on project teams that include or report to CVS leadership and are tasked with facilitating enterprise-wide special projects, proposing and executing company-wide savings initiatives, developing and enforcing CVS policy, meeting and exceeding business goals, supporting diversity among CVS vendors and within the enterprise, and driving CVS growth and synergy.
As a Strategic Procurement Contract Negotiator, you will:
- Draft, prepare and review contract documents in accordance with established company policies and procedures designed to minimize potential exposure while maximizing benefits.
- Negotiate all key terms of a variety of contract documents, including but not limited to Legal and business terms to provide the appropriate level of risk mitigation as well as value for the enterprise.
- Analyze all contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures and requirements. The ability to effectively communicate the importance and intent of all such provisions to both internal and external stakeholders is crucial to success in this role.
- Regularly communicate with internal team members and business partners to draft and negotiate pertinent provisions and accurately memorialize specific terms and conditions into appropriate scopes of work, service level agreements, financial incentives, turn-around-times or similar documents.
- Interact consistently with key CVS partners (e.g., Legal, Sourcing, Risk Management, Privacy, and Tax, among others) to ensure all current policies and procedures are reflected in contract documents and vendor communications.
- Partner with sourcing colleagues to support development of RFP requests by providing the necessary contractual documentation for participants to review as components of the exercise. Answer questions posed by participants’ legal counsel in the course of RFP negotiations and ensure problematic provisions are introduced to business leaders as key focal points of internal consideration when determining awards.
- Act as the key point of contact and communication between Legal, finance, senior leadership, and business teams as well as the vendor concerning status and resolution of escalated contract issues and disputes that cannot be resolved at the Negotiator level.
- Accurately and comprehensively identify contractual risks and associated dangers (e.g,, limitation of liability, waiver of consequential damages, etc.) for purposes of escalation to Senior Leadership to properly investigate and explain contractual concerns thoroughly.
- Work with various departments (e.g., Legal, Tax, Risk Management, Information Security, etc.) to discuss new developments warranting inclusion in template documentation. Lead discussions and revisions to contract language reflecting new requirements and finalize new template documents through appropriate internal channels.
- Routinely participate in presentations, webinars and table discussions to engage and educate corporate-wide business departments to promote compliance with Corporate Purchasing and Contracts Policies.
- Demonstrate established proficiency utilizing all evolving technological tools (e.g., Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business, etc.) to streamline daily tasks and communications.
- Act as a subject matter expert when presenting to Senior Leadership on complex deal concepts and non-standard provisions requiring executive approval.
- Act as initial liaison with business units in compliance efforts to enforce adherence to Corporate Contract and Purchasing policies.
- Manage multiple high visibility, high priority contracts/projects on a regular basis and closeout a variety of initiatives expeditiously with minimal oversight
- Work both independently/autonomously and as part of a team to identify and analyze unique contractual relationships and craft terms to best fit the business relationship.
Required Qualifications- 1+ years of related contract negotiations experience
- 1+ years reviewing, editing and drafting contractual terms and conditions
- 1+ years professional experience with Microsoft Office
Preferred Qualifications- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks & high volume of contractual negotiations simultaneously.
- Experience as a recurring user of Ariba Contract Management platform (or similar tool) is highly preferred.
- Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) is a plus.
EducationVerifiable Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Master's degree and/or JD are both highly desired.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/