Primary Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater
Alternate Job Location: United States : California : Irvine
Primary responsibility is to organize, develop, and submit state marketing filings for all Group Benefits products.
- Primary point of contact between internal and external partners to coordinate submission of Group Benefits marketing filings.
- Deliver oversight, analysis, and implementation of state and federal legislation and regulations impacting the dental, vision, and accident & health (“supplemental”) products.
- Assists with other state regulatory filing activities for all supplemental health products and network adequacy submissions.
- Research regulatory findings and facts relating to market conduct examinations; assist compliance lead in drafting responses to market conduct findings and implement corrective action.
- Ensures that all sales and/or administrative activities are consistent with company policy and insurance and securities rules and regulations.
- Primary responsibility is to organize, develop, and submit state marketing filings for all Group Benefits products.
- Coordinate communication between internal marketing, product, and legal partners, as well as external state regulators on marketing filings to ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
- Review and conduct research on proposed and enacted legislation and regulations that impact the supplemental product portfolio and identify changes needed to comply with such requirements.
- Partner with the various supplemental product business units to proactively communicate compliance requirements to execute projects to maintain legal compliance and any administrative requirements.
- Investigate regulators’ market conduct findings, and prepare rebuttal or develop and implement corrective action.
- Seeks guidance and counsel from Corporate Compliance and legal regarding complex controls related inquiries, concerns, and/or regulations
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Law Degree preferred
- 5+ years of compliance related experience; analysis of insurance laws and regulations.
- Strong analytical, verbal and writing skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as to work with and lead others to achieve business goals
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with insurance regulatory framework, preferably with insurance and supplemental insurance in particular
- Experience with market conduct exams and responding to state insurance regulators
- Knowledge of ERISA, tax and state insurance law preferred
- Ability to use WestLaw and/or NILS preferred
- Series 6 license a plus
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 40581
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.