Sr. Coordinator, Training & Development
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Morris Plains, New Jersey
Posted: January 31, 2017
Reference ID: 0334161109-en-us
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Sr. Coordinator, Training & Development
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Sr. Coordinator, Training & Development, is responsible for supporting the Manager(s)/Director, Training & Development in key tactical aspects of the training and recruiting function. The incumbent also supports the Training team and Manager, Sales Administration in meeting and event planning, logistics and execution. Training responsibilities include updating the sales curriculum on-line in Consumer Sales Leadership University (CDX Training & Development) as directed, managing and maintaining materials/links for the “On-boarding for Success” process for the Consumer Sales organization and helping to develop and maintain cross-GBU product knowledge and the associated curricula in conjunction with Sales Strategy. The incumbent will be managing tactical aspects of the co-op recruiting and development process as directed. The incumbent is also required to have/achieve administrator status for the Corporate Learning Management Systems (LMS) and is responsible for the deployment of curriculum via the LMS, Cornerstone/Summit and Compliance Wire. This individual will also be the liaison with the corporate help desk to trouble shoot end user issues. This role manages critical coordinator responsibilities including managing/distributing the training calendar and program invitations, tracking of program participation, deployment of program surveys and management of the training budget, contracts, purchase orders and invoices. The incumbent may be asked to complete special projects as assigned by supervisor. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Training Project Support:
• Responsible for supporting and maintaining the “On-boarding for Success” transition program; ensures an effective approach to facilitating smooth transitions for developmental moves and new hires across a 400+ sales organization
• Responsible for the support and maintenance of the on boarding excel tool
• Under the direction of the Manager, Sales Training & Development:
o Partners with Sales Strategy/Research & Development to update product knowledge annually and determine/execute an appropriate deployment strategy
o Recruits and prepares transition coaches representing all teams to guide others in their new roles
• Regularly checks links/content in CDX T&D Site and updates content as needed
Entry-Level Recruiting/Talent Development:
• Establishes and builds relationships with institutions in partnership with J&J Talent Acquisition and Consumer Sales University Teams.
• Coordinates all interview day logistics, including scheduling of hiring managers to interview and managing resume bundles.
• Partners closely with University Teams, J&J Corporate Recruiting and The Right Thing, as well as Universities and student organizations to ensure a leading presence at career fairs, information sessions, and appropriate campus events. Facilitates all logistics for campus promotional events, including Sales colleague representation, recruitment materials, design and delivery of information session presentations, and coordination of day of logistics.
• Partners with Sales Training & Development Entry-Level Talent Manager in support of Co-op onboarding, orientation and organizational communication
• Manages SLDP Co-op Connection in support of Sales Co-Op monthly meetings, social events, and community service events. Ensures plan is in place for the development and sharing of Co-Op final presentations, executes exit survey, and formulates recommendations for execution around key learnings for improvement
Training Coordination/Adminstration and Event/Meeting Planning:
• Supports all aspects of training design and delivery from initiation, through program pilot and roll out
• Serves as the liaison between our Sales colleagues and Vendors/External Business Partners to plan/schedule training
• Coordinates programs and training materials with training managers, external vendors, and internal constituencies (program sponsors, participants, etc.)
• Proactively reviews and updates training materials as required; Proofs all communications and training documents
• Monitors class registration, plan, coordinate and manage all upfront logistics including production of class materials, transportation and hotel arrangements
Training Coordination/Administration and Event/Meeting Planning cont’d:
• Manages inventory of training materials to ensure adequate levels are maintained
• Manages a training/recruiting budget by tracking program expenses and performing monthly department budget analyses
• Utilizes EMarketPlace to create Purchase Orders and monitor flow of expenses
• Works with legal to contract with external suppliers and maintain a record of contracts
• Certified as an Administrator in Summit and Compliance Wire to update, modify and create e-learning assignments/reset passwords
• Tracks and measure results of T&D programs through Summit and Survey Monkey
• Provides on-site support at training events (room/materials set-up, meals, support for participants)
• Maintains T&D facility and technical equipment and negotiates costs with outside vendors on new equipment purchases.
• Manages scheduling of the T&D conference rooms. Ensures network connectivity in each of the classrooms is functioning. Work with technical groups to set up additional switches/hubs if required for training.
• Supports all aspects of meeting and event planning as required (Sales meetings,Director’s meetings, Recruiting Meetings, etc.)
• Provides administrative and project management support to Sales Operations team as required
• Comply with company policy and procedures at all times.
• Is aware of all the relevant business processes and requirements related to pricing, trade promotions and inventory management.
• Completes all required training relative to Military Resale including Military Sales Overview and GC101.
• Ensures that Military Resale customers are managed in line with the identified Tracking Customer.
Background & Education:
• Associates degree preferred; 2+ yrs relevant experience required
• Ability to independently complete assigned work in an error-free, complete method, while meeting deadlines
• Ability to handle multiple priorities is a requirement
• Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, complex matrix, changing environment
• Fundamental platform skills
• Ability to access, assess, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from survey data
• Strong computer/technical skills, including MS Office Suite applications, database information sources and web applications, including Sharepoint
• Knowledge of the training and recruiting function
United States-New Jersey-Morris Plains
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)