West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr Copy Writer, Tech Marketing
We’re looking for an experienced writer who can craft strategically grounded, insight-driven work for our newly formed tech marketing creative team. The right candidate is a champion of original ideas, has exceptional writing chops, an integrated marketing background, and understands how to create powerful stories across multiple channels. If you’re ready to put those skills to work in a fun, challenging and highly collaborative environment, we’d love to have you on our team!
You should be able to:
- Create work that persuasively communicate marketing objectives to the end consumer.
- Be comfortable writing for print, digital/mobile, social, out-of-home, and video content.
- Understand how to speak brand and marketing. We want someone who sees the bigger picture and helps others see it too.
- Brainstorm with a team to generate ideas and creative concepts.
- Collaborate with internal account executives, other Brand team members, and line-of-business clients to help formulate marketing strategy.
- Be self-organized and able to manage multiple deadlines on numerous, concurrent projects.
- Have strong presentation skills—you will be expected to articulate and sell your work.
- Have a positive attitude and work well in a classic art director/copywriter partnership. A good sense of humor never hurts.
- Have strong integrated thinking skills.
- Consistently deliver quality work on time.
- Portfolio demonstrates industry and conceptual diversity, examples should be from all channels and represent different types of marketing from awareness to direct. Work should show evidence of “thinking outside the box” while achieving business goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience.
- At least 8 years of experience as a copywriter.
- At least 2 years of experience in technology or financial services marketing preferred.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.