Splunk Legal is a collaborative team of lawyers and legal professionals who help accelerate Splunk's success by providing creative and practical answers to cutting-edge legal questions. Splunk Legal delivers solutions that follow the letter and spirit of the law and enable Splunk to grow its leadership globally.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an experienced attorney who can support Splunk's data security initiatives globally. This role presents an exciting opportunity to be a key player in Splunk's incident response program, influence product and services development and craft policy and practice inside a big data company. This role reports to the Director, Data Protection and will help ensure that Splunk's contractual, legal and regulatory obligations to protect data are in place. In this role, you will support transactions and operational processes involving data protection, and provide training and advice across the organization about the Splunk's data protection program and related security requirements. If you are a diligent and dedicated critical thinker who can work independently and collaboratively, we are looking for someone like you to join our collegial and dynamic team!
- Work collaboratively with legal and business managers to help identify, develop and implement process improvements related to data security
- Help support Splunk's global incident response team and manage security events worldwide
- Help build Splunk's practices globally to ensure ongoing compliance with applicable data protection laws, policies, guidelines and processes
- Help build Splunk's global data governance program
- Help oversee vendor risk assessments as part of vendor risk management
- Draft, review, and negotiate customer vendor contract terms regarding data security
- Assist with data mapping, classification and related data management compliance programs
- Develop data security-related training materials and help lead data security training programs
- Respond to customer public inquiries regarding Splunk's data protection program
- Other responsibilities as needed
- JD degree with excellent academic credentials.
- License to practice law in California
- At least 5 full years practicing in the field of data privacy and security, in-house experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of the EU Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, GDPR, and APEC CBPR Framework
- Prior experience participating in and managing cyber security incident response
- Prior experience with HIPAA PCI-DSS FedRAMP strongly preferred
- Possess exceptional legal capabilities and judgment
- Familiarity with new technologies, network and cyber security, infrastructure resiliency, cloud computing
- Ability to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion independently and in a timely manner
- Strong collaboration, organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, confident, and detail-oriented
- A good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.