At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
As part of the Corporate Development Team, assists Director and Vice President in efforts to evaluate and execute corporate mergers, asset acquisitions and divestitures. Responsibilities include assisting with potential target identification, development and review of financial models, development of presentation materials and transaction execution. Assists in the coordination of all supporting resources, processes (legal, valuation and transaction evaluation, due diligence, corporate finance, etc. ) and deal advisors. Also, responsible for leading a team of financial analysts in developing the analytical framework and financial models for all M & A and generation development opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Research and evaluate appropriate Corporate, Business Unit M & A and Divestiture candidates to fit the Corporate strategy.
- For acquisitions, manage the multi-functional team processes for transaction execution including evaluation and due diligence
- Supervise a team of financial analysts to build financial models and other relevant analytics for
merger, acquisition and divestiture and generation development opportunities. Coordinate financial modeling and other analytics with relevant Corporate and Business Unit interdependencies including Corporate Planning, Treasury, Trading, Accounting and Tax.
- Prepare transaction materials for Board and senior management.
- For divestitures, help manage the multi-functional team and processes including transaction
evaluation, offering memo preparation, data room development, and bid evaluation and selection.
- Provide support for post acquisition/merger integration
- Perform or support other ad-hoc development-related projects or analyses
- Bachelors degree in relevant area
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Financial experience with demonstrated project management skills
- Two to three years experience in the Energy (Electric or Gas) Industry
- Ability to lead a team of experienced financial analysts
- Extremely strong financial modeling skills (ability to modify models to perform what-if analysis, simplify model to match available data, and perform thorough reviews of models developed by others)
- Enthusiastic attitude for getting into the details
- Expertise in the mechanics of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures in the energy industry
- May report to either the Director or VP, Corporate Development
- Responsible for facilitating M&A evaluation and implementation
- Lead financial analysis and due diligence on transactions
- Indirect supervision of large multi-functional teams
- Interacts routinely with CEO, Senior Management, Leaders across Exelon
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.