The US Customer Care Data Operations team is seeking a motivated Senior Customer Data Analyst in St. Louis, MO, reporting to the Data Stewardship and Operations Lead. This role will work closely with the Customer Care, Sales, Data Governance, Credit, and Business Solutions departments.
The primary role will maintain US Customer Master records across all US Commercial lines of business through change requests, enhancement projects, and major project efforts by providing customer structure expertise as well as ensuring compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Maintenance of customer master data in SAP and ancillary systems (IRD, MDM, SFDC, etc) in support of crop protection, branded seed, seed treatment, and licensed seed businesses. Supporting different business models across brand and systems.
• Maintenance of US Customer Master records, including, but not limited to National Brands, Channel Brand, Crop Protection, BioAg, WestBred, Corn States and Cotton.
• Coordinate with other business functions (credit, customer service, sales support, information technology, etc) to ensure timely and accurate customer data maintenance - supporting transactions and downstream processes.
• Accountable for providing high quality master data by utilizing customer master audit reports to proactively identify and resolve issues.
• Customer sales transactions involvement, as necessary, to complete order process related to changes in customer master information.
• Drive best practice process improvements based on investigation/analysis and solicited feedback, including updates to audit and training materials.
• Cognitive thinking skills and the ability to independently conduct research needed to accurately establish customer master data records and resolve issues.
• Proactively create and lead cross training for team members and other related groups and functions.
• Provide weekend and after hour coverage - as needed, on a rotating basis - to support business operations.
• Key Business Metrics: timeliness and accuracy to support operational excellence.
• Basic understanding of key business processes (credit, grower licensing, sales reporting, order-to-cash) and supporting information systems/databases.
• Project management skills; demonstrates the ability to multi-task and effectively achieve results within and outside the team.
• Knowledge of data focus and how data is used throughout Monsanto.
• Coordinate with IT support personnel to ensure enhancements and production support items are prioritized, requirements and design completed, tested, and implemented in a timely manner (PCR's).
• Provide actionable insight to move toward solutions while maintaining data integrity and data governance business rules currently in place - data stewardship.
• priority-setting and oversight responsibility for daily workload
• emerging leadership capability/experience along with interpersonal/people skills
• able to create cross-function collaboration between teams to drive business/process improvements
• advanced understanding of key business processes and supporting information systems/databases
• ability to translate technical verbiage into functional verbiage
• f) understanding of timelines/processes and ability to generate a Plan B to keep functionality going when needed
• using diplomacy to keep projects moving forward and overcome hurdles
• reshape/redefine Customer Data Specialist role to provide steward/analyst support to all brands/functions
• ability to identify, analyze, and interpret data and resolve any technical issues and translate them into business terms
• delegation and achieving results through other
• prioritizing project workload and equality amongst team members
• ability to analyze and process large, complex data sets while managing data flow across systems
• Key Business Metrics: timeliness and accuracy to support operational excellence and being able to adjust accordingly when changes arise, by being able to identify and build new Data Quality report metrics
• professional maturity and willingness to maintain a cohesive team dynamic
• Ability to work in a cross-functional, team-based environment.
• Reacts quickly to unexpected changes in workload and/or business support and proposes solutions
• Attention to detail, diligence, and focus on a combination of quality and productivity.
• Strong system and data acumen combined with complex system diagnostic problem solving skills
• Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing. Listens carefully, solicits others opinions and feedback.
• Advanced foresight skills, including the ability to anticipate change and develop contingency plans.
• Understanding of SOX compliance, the controls involved and ability to provide a sample set of data.
• Desired system skills proficiency - Understanding of systems (SAP, IRD, CRM, MDM, SFDC, etc) and all other peripheral systems interfacing into ECC (MyMon, AgCelerate, AGIIS, etc) as well as various interfaces and batch jobs that run between systems.
• Bachelor's Degree Required
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.