Sr. Customer Development Manager, Beauty (Walgreens) - Buffalo Grove, IL
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Posted: March 02, 2017
Reference ID: 2940170222-en-us
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Sr. Customer Development Manager to be based out of Buffalo, Grove, IL.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The incumbent is responsible for achieving shipment and consumption goals by managing an assigned network of business within a specific geographic region or assigned account. The incumbent is responsible for managing a top volume customer and/or managing a team of external and/or internal Sales personnel within the assigned geographic region or account(s). The incumbent coordinates team efforts to fulfill the needs of the customer and company. While managing the team, the incumbent is also responsible for leading/influencing strategy. The incumbent develops and leads the execution of business plans to achieve sales goals for the assigned account(s) that include 4P fundamentals (product, placement, promotion, and pricing) and new item execution and strategic initiatives, such as platforms. The incumbent serves as the key Sales point of contact for information and action, serving as the “voice of customer” within the company, as well. The incumbent drives team goals while managing the budget for optimal ROI. The incumbent is potentially accountable for hiring, training, and coaching a Sales team and to deliver results in alignment with the OGSM. The incumbent participates in special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Talent development: Hires, trains, and develops direct reports in compliance with protocols
• Maintains regular and frequent contact with team members and/or third-party brokers to enhance implementation of business plans and initiatives
• Creates, maintains, and leverages relationships with senior-level decision makers, internally and externally
• Leads the development and implementation of targeted business plans, including the 4P’s at the customer
• Understands, penetrates, and leverages resources, such as sales agencies
• Evaluates and negotiates agreements against objectives
• Serves as the primary source of information for internal partners (i.e., Brand, Sales Strategy, Sales Management) regarding customer conditions, competitive trends, and marketplace dynamics
• Coaches, develops, and evaluates direct and/or indirect reports
• Teaches direct and/or indirect reports how to leverage data and insights to support business initiatives and identify opportunities
• Provides coaching and information as necessary to support business planning
• Facilitates communication between staff, assigned external, and home office/internal groups as necessary
• Monitors and reports on external and internal achievement of plans
• Performs regular in-market visits to audit and ensure team member and account compliance for objectives
• Monitors and ensures account compliance to plan
• Analyzes the geography and account mix to determine fund allocation
• Manages the trade fund budget by ensuring adherence to fund allocations
• Gains alignment of resources across a complex matrix environment to achieve goals
• Influences the actions of others where there is not often direct authority
• Facilitates category analysis to monitor market and brand performance
• Collaborates cross-functionally with internal partners, such as Finance, Logistics, and Operations to drive efficiencies
• Complies with company policies and procedures at all times
• Is aware of all the relevant business processes and requirements related to pricing, trade promotions, and inventory management.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• 8 years’ total business experience required.
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in a consumer packaged goods environment in sales, sales strategy, category management/insights, or shopper insights is required.
• Prior direct selling experience is required.
• People management experience is preferred.
• Experience working with IRI/Nielsen is preferred.
• Beauty or cosmetics experience is preferred.
• Experience working on a platinum customer or national account is preferred.
• Must have strong computer skills; including MS Office Suite applications, sales database, and web applications, and strong written and oral communication skills.
• This position will be based in Buffalo Grove, Illinois and will require up to 10% travel.
United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)