Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This position is accountable for managing moderate size and complexity Customer project orders for the US MVLV Application Center, from start to finish, so that it is completed on time and within budget. This includes initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing of customer projects. Individual in this position confirms customer requirements, which includes drawings, specifications, job site requirements, bill of material alignment with specifications & clarify exceptions. Manages complete job process from order preparation, thru manufacturing release, product shipment, post shipment support and financial reconciliation utilizing a base knowledge of Schneider Electric products and their use.
1. Takes ownership for validating the project’s statement of work and contract terms with the customer, including both technical and commercial elements, becomes lead contact for customer for balance of project order. (Project Initiation).
2. Develops a project schedule and communicates with the customer to ensure expectations are being met. Direct engagement with the customer internal manufacturing facilities and third party vendors. (Project Planning).
3. Monitor the execution of the customer’s project order, verifying execution of the project through kick-off meetings, communication to all parties and exchange of technical requirements and project plan information. (Project Executive)
4. Lead the monitor and control of the performance of the customer’s project through its lifecycle. Key activities include task completion verification, project team monitoring, managing the exchange of project updates across the project team members, schedule reporting, issue resolution, and contract administration. (Monitor and Control Project Work)
5. Lead the closeout of the customer’s project to include financial reconciliation, verification of job site equipment arrival, installation, start-up, and training support completion through review of internal system information, contact with the customer, and coordination with support services such as field services, after-shipment support, and training functions. (Project Close)
6. Compares/differentiates/propose alternate products with additional customer value compared to competition.
7. Solves problems with customer interaction that results in positive feedback and improved relationship.
8. Utilizes a base knowledge of Schneider Electric products and their use and demonstrates an understanding of the fundamental knowledge, processes and terminology needed for effective project management.
Projects are predominately domestic US with some international/export projects for Strategic Accounts.
This position requires a 4-year engineering degree in ME/EE/IE, or equivalent experience. Industry experience a plus. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to multi task, work in a fast paced environment and have time management skills. In addition, a good working knowledge of computer operating systems, specifically Windows. Standard business application software experience to include: MS Office, MS Excel and MS Access. PMP certification, CAPM level a plus.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.