Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Perform preventive and remedial maintenance of Dell EMC maintained products at customer locations in different operating environments. Must be able to work with limited supervision as directed by management and adhere to administrative policies and escalation procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable automobile. Must carry a communication device. May be required to work overtime. May be required to work Alternative Work Schedule.
- Lifting requirement
- Move/lift equipment (e.g., lift kit weighing up to 25 lbs.) to a height of up to 5 feet
- Move/lift equipment (e.g., batteries to be placed onto the lift kit) weighing up to 65 lbs. to a height of up to 2 feet.
- EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
- 2 Years as a Customer Engineer or related experience. Ability to develop action plans for issues of limited complexity.
Role Requirements / Recommendations:
- Maintains all assigned spare parts, tools and test equipment. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or senior employee. Attends training classes as required to develop and maintain a working knowledge of EMC equipment, software, and OEM equipment. Mentors Associate CEs.
- Adheres to proper escalation procedures. Perform part replacements and hardware firmware (microcode/FLARE) upgrades as assigned or directed. Updates CSI (or other) at the completion of an event.
- Assures complete customer satisfaction by adherence to the following: Prompt onsite arrival time, Technical expertise, Professionalism. Must communicate with customer before, during, and at the completion of the activity. Includes the timely and accurate submission of all associated documentation as well as parts returns within 24 hours of an event. Submit accurate and timely expense reports, EAS/CSI updates, and timecards.
- Adheres to product specific guidelines, procedures, and best practices. Diagnose system malfunctions to isolate problems to EMC, other OEM vendors or software and develop appropriate action plans. Perform pro-active and reactive maintenance and hardware FCOs according to established procedures.
- Problem solving skills.
- Able to adapt to change.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to build, repair or prepare assemblies across EMC's product line.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- High School graduate
- 2+ years relevant experience, or equivalent
- Lift 65 lbs.
- Travel up to 75% of the time
- Ability to travel on short notice
- Federal Clearance preferred
Ideal candidate must be within 1 hour commute of Sacramento
Job Family: Product Services
Job ID: R94032