McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is hiring a Sr. Customer Service Manager, Patient Care Solutions, for its Moon Township, PA location. Position Description
Responsible for providing pre-sales and post-sales service to customers. Acts as liaison between customers and manufacturing, sales, field service, order processing and accounting to resolve status, production, delivery and billing inquiries. Reviews warranty claims. Processes customer returns and exchanges. Expedites service and repairs. Provides special pricing for non-standard items.
The Sr. Customer Service Manager is responsible for the successful development and execution of projects with a goal to improve the overall interaction with customers while maximizing our operating expense efficiency within the Customer Service organization. This role will partner with the Sales organization to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Manage and motivate teams of Patient Care Solutions employees- 1 Direct Report and 50 indirect reports.
- Achieve all Patient Care Solutions Customer Service goals: Average Speed of Answer, Service Level, Timely workflow processing, Quality Monitoring results, Customer Satisfaction Survey results.
- Handle reasonably complex tasks that may require problem solving and where sound judgments need to be made.
1. Reimbursement/Guidelines of insurances.
2. Hold revenue, open orders and backorders when applicable to ensure that all orders are processing to Patient Care Solutions standards.
1. Monitor the order volume throughout the day and work with Team Coordinators to ensure that the daily service level is achieved.
2. Address daily questions/problems of team members and assist staff in bringing them to resolution.
3. Address customer complaints at the supervisory level and bring them to resolution.
4. Assist members of the Sales Staff and other Managers with order processing issues, questions, and customer complaints.
5. Listen and act on all team members’ needs and suggestions.
6. Identify problems within your department.
7. Work with the team and other leaders to develop plans to organize tasks or address problems.
8. Ensure that all plans written by the team are implemented, consistently followed by all team members and periodically reviewed.
9. Conduct scorecard review meetings with each team member on a monthly basis in addition to completing Mid Year and Year End Reviews.
10. Conduct monthly team meetings to address any new issues/ideas/protocols.
11. Provide disciplinary action in the event that company policies/standards are not being followed.
12. Complete any additional assigned tasks as requested by management.
1. Monitor employee attendance and vacation time
2. Communicate Company Initiative status and Financial summaries with team
3. Conduct interviews/hire for available positions within team
4. Managing cost centers and fiscal budgets
1. Communicate with other division managers on a regular basis regarding initiatives and problem areas.
2. Communicate changes in insurance/new insurance guidelines to staff.
3. Communicate higher level IT problems/needs to the IT team to ensure that all order processing systems are working effectively.
- 5+ years customer service experience including 2+ years managerial experience, depending on area of assignment may be required to have relevant healthcare/insurance experience
Additional Knowledge & Preferred Skills
- Experience as a people leader with experience doing performance reviews, hiring, and conducting disciplinary actions
- Customer service background with call center background
- Excellent communication skills
- DME experience, Insurance experience, or medical
billing experience, or hospital experience
- 4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Ability to operate a laptopBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.