With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Senior Cyber Security Architect will serve as the expert familiar with development of medical devices and having Cyber Security expertise will lead development teams for Pharmaceutical Compounders and infusion pumps with respect to the cyber security of the devices being developed. The Architect needs to be able to define best practices for the development of cyber secure medical devices and work with development teams to ensure inclusion of cyber safeguards into the designs from the start of the development cycle through the legacy support of the devices. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Develop best practices for the design of cyber secure medical devices.
- Provide information about the security of our products to the marketing, sales, and service teams for distribution to customers as well as providing cyber security related information for publication through B. Braun web media presence.
- Define specific hardware and software architectures for our medical devices to reduce or eliminate cyber vulnerabilities and provide those written design requirements to the device hardware and software developers to implement and in come cases implement the software as part of the development team.
- Develop operating system configurations for our products that utilize an of the shelf operating system that ensures the best cyber protection while still allowing the OS to provide the necessary functions for the medical devices that use them.
- Provide a set of design best practices for both software coding and operating system configurations to be used in B. Braun active devices to ensure compliance with cyber security regulations.
- Remain current with all threats reported in the industry by participating in industry standards bodies to both learn of new threats and to also influence emerging regulations.
- Maintain strong knowledge of the software development implementation and support cycle to ensure timely introduction of cyber mitigation into existing and new device offerings.
- Have a thorough technical understanding of the network environment that the devices will be deployed with and provide guidance to the customer about the best practices for their network implementation.
- Actively participate in industry groups around cyber security to keep abreast of new trends and regulations relating to cyber security.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Knowledge of industry standard network penetration tools.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis and understanding of risk analysis as it applies to cyber security.
- Ability to quickly understand cyber issues and determine solutions through multi-disciplinary judgment.
- Understanding of development lifecycle, including revision control, change management and product support.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Bachelor Degree in computer science / IT networking / Cyber Security or related field.
- Working knowledge of hospital best practices for network topologies and current cyber security detection and security products and processes.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security threat analysis.
- Working knowledge of cyber security tools for network and device testing.
- Familiarity with FDA regulations regarding Cyber Security and medical devices.
- Understanding of the NIST organization as it relates to Cyber Security of medical devices.
- Working knowledge of Anti-Virus and Malware prevention tools.
- Working knowledge of device cyber hardening techniques.
- 10-15 years of network experience (wired and wireless).
- Some business travel required.
- Understanding of documentation required for Medical devices.
- Medical device experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.